• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wed Practice/Pressers

Jackie Lee

34 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Well, thank God somebody on staff figured that out.

The follow up question was that 1st and 2nd down wasn't the problem in the Cardinals game, that they failed on 3rd and short, 4th and short repeatedly.  The response was  that we need to finish, to execute.

3 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Especially since Wilks said simplify about 10 times.  McAdoo is known for that complicated O with a callsheet the size of a Cheesecake Factory menu.  DJ in preseason was talking about how complicated the new O was.  Wilks probably told McAdoo to pair it down.

i feel like what we see on sundays is really simple haha

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

Just now, TheCasillas said:

i feel like what we see on sundays is really simple haha

I was thinking about a simple change he could do that would throw off the Rams. 

People talk about it here all the time, but I think times like this call for out of the box measures.

Move CMC to slot, and put Foreman in the backfield.  They will have to respect both. 
You don't have to change the scheme that much. 

The biggest change would be for CMC who as an elite player could handle it.

It will preserve CMC, throw off the D, leverage Foreman, and upgrade a receiver spot.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, gofightwin said:

Are Kunkel's "sources" telling him this?

Is it really that hard to believe?

The players who have spoken up in favor of Rhule were either stars / leaders (McCaffrey, Burns) or Temple / Baylor guys (Anderson, Thompson, etc). Throw in that there was talk last year of players discussing things like "sending Rhule back to college".

Do we really know how he's perceived by the roster as a whole?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Wilks is trying to set that tone, so that is a first step...gotta do something to fix that O tho.

If some people gave Matt Rhule two seasons several games this season and every excuse in the book we'll give Wilks a few games at least.

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah, it didn't even look the same when he came into the 4th quarter last week. Or at least the two qb's were seeing their reads way differently

My theory, besides the 49s playing prevent defense, is that the calls were different, same plays they all know but using the wr's he's practiced with. 

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Is it really that hard to believe?

The players who have spoken up in favor of Rhule were either stars / leaders (McCaffrey, Burns) or Temple / Baylor guys (Anderson, Thompson, etc). Throw in that there was talk last year of players discussing things like "sending Rhule back to college".

Do we really know how he's perceived by the roster as a whole?

Yeah even Bills players

• Pie 2
  • The D 1
  • Flames 5

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Baker is day to day with a high ankle sprain?

That has to be a first in NFL history

One thing about Baker is that he’s tough as a muthaa, he can okay through some serious pain but I don’t expect him to play yet. He probably wants a week off to see things from a different perspective

5 minutes ago, frankw said:

If some people gave Matt Rhule two seasons several games this season and every excuse in the book we'll give Wilks a few games at least.

Actually, frank,  he gets the whole rest of the season.  Lets see what he can do.

Edited by poundaway