• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tanier: Panthers in Good Shape

UNCrules2187

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

We probably can't.

What I'm looking at right now are connections, and the biggest one that I know of with Steichen is to Steve Wilks.

Mind you, connections aren't everything, but we don't have a whole lot else to go on right now.

yeah i think right now trying to create a pattern to understand who could it be would be as useful as chasing your tail. Just going to lead you in circles with no results. 

If Tepper hires consultants and they land on Steichen, then the connections wont matter. I could see Steichen bringing a lot of the former chargers coaching staff over and Alex Tanney from the Eagles over as his OC.

12 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Why the hell he didnt just hire a football guy as President from the start and just sit back for a couple of years to observe I will never understand.  He could be totally hands off and still be adored by the fans

Early on, Tepper seemed to think that people who were good at one thing (soccer, for example) would automatically also be good at something else (like football).

Jerry Richardson had that same notion, and it worked out equally as well (i.e. not at all).

Likewise, Tepper repeated another Richardson mistake, that being trusting the wrong people. In one case, the exact same person (Marty Hurney).

Just now, Jackie Lee said:

Dunno why she randomly tweeted it but lots of twitter comments about the very audible ping pong table games going on when they're interviewing players after losses. Guys acting all distressed on camera when people are laughing it up in the background

it could be a stress reliever... we used to do that on my high school basketball team. Coach felt it was a good way to get our minds off of the loss, and clear our thoughts. Then come back together and think it through. 

Funny enough, I also did that at a design studio when we had a rough client call.

Just now, TheCasillas said:

it could be a stress reliever... we used to do that on my high school basketball team. Coach felt it was a good way to get our minds off of the loss, and clear our thoughts. Then come back together and think it through. 

Funny enough, I also did that at a design studio when we had a rough client call.

• Beer 2

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Rhules wifes meatballs netted them 70 million

How many times have they about that in the past 48 hours? 

The thought of the scene that must have unfolded will never not be hilarious to me. Marty voraciously shoving meatballs into his face hole as Matt Rhule gives some bullshit high school motivational speaker speech about his "process" while Tepper sits there grinning like an idiot watching the whole sad scene play out like a proud papa.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The thought of the scene that must have unfolded will never not be hilarious to me. Marty voraciously shoving meatballs into his face hole as Matt Rhule gives some bullshit high school motivational speaker speech about his "process" while Tepper sits there grinning like an idiot watching the whole sad scene play out like a proud papa.

When they were discussing the 7 year terms of the deal the wife had to leave the kitchen before she busted out laughing

54 minutes ago, PghPanther said:

Tepper humbled?

Read this........

...and if there is any validity to it.........Charlotte and the Panthers are in for a ride and it's not going to be pretty.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2011/7/18/995855/-

That sounds pretty awesome to me, actually.  He needs to bring that same attitude to the Panthers. 

12 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Yeah key word being high school.