• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tanier: Panthers in Good Shape

UNCrules2187

10 minutes ago, KSpan said:

No real disagreement on any of this, and perhaps humility is a strong word, but the anger and bullheadedness at the end doesn't have to solely reflect his approach to team management. Perhaps as a more cynical take, we can maybe hope that his pride has been stung enough and that he wants to be publicly lauded enough that he follows an actual NFL process when looking for the next coach.

Oh, he desperately wants to be publicly adored. He was all out and about soaking it up when he first took control. He didn't fade into the background until it was far more vitriol from the fans than adoration. He'll be back out there if we can ever win a few games.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Oh, he desperately wants to be publicly adored. He was all out and about soaking it up when he first took control. He didn't fade into the background until it was far more vitriol from the fans than adoration. He'll be back out there if we can ever win a few games.

Why the hell he didnt just hire a football guy as President from the start and just sit back for a couple of years to observe I will never understand.  He could be totally hands off and still be adored by the fans

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Why the hell he didnt just hire a football guy as President from the start and just sit back for a couple of years to observe I will never understand.  He could be totally hands off and still be adored by the fans

Because he thought he was after than the football people. My concern is that he very well may still hold that belief. Yeah, he badly fuged up, but he's learned now and he's way too smart not to get it right this time.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

I dont know how we can be sure about anyone right now.... 

We probably can't.

What I'm looking at right now are connections, and the biggest one that I know of with Steichen is to Steve Wilks.

Mind you, connections aren't everything, but we don't have a whole lot else to go on right now.

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Because he thought he was after than the football people. My concern is that he very well may still hold that belief. Yeah, he badly fuged up, but he's learned now and he's way too smart not to get it right this time.

Yup. He completely thought he was outsmarting the league with the Rhule hire.

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, he does. And he's made it clear numerous times that he's aware of how fans perceive him.

I don't necessarily think that's a good thing.