• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Drafting a quarterback

Stuart Smith

Evaluating a QB from schools like Alabama, OSU and maybe Georgia is tough.  These schools always have the cream of the crop recruiting.  They always have top talent at the skilled positions.  All of those players are going to look like surefire starters in the NFL.  You really have to wait until the College Football Playoffs to really see who is good and who relies on the great team talent.

Stroud and Young may or may not have stellar NFL careers but as of today.  I don't see either being "Franchise" QBs. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

There are people on this very board saying we need to tank for the #1 pick this year, or at worst a top 3. That’s crazy. The NFL draft doesn’t produce franchise QBs every year. We have the top two QBs from the 2018 draft on our current roster (selections 1 & 3). You can make an argument that neither should have been a 1st round selection, let alone a top 5.

I don’t see a QB in this draft who screams “Franchise”. I wouldn’t tank for anyone in this draft, especially not for an OHIO STATE QB 😖

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Not knowing whether Fitt is solely responsible for the qb dumpster fire we have had or if it’s on Matt makes me wonder if we want Fitt drafting a qb in the first round. Didn’t he have a first round grade on Corral?

That's what every team says about a player they pick. I never believe any of the coach speak about draft grades. It's only to boost the players confidence and make the fans happy about a perceived steal in the draft.

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, RockyTopVol said:

Bryce Young is really good. Stroud could be good, but I think it will take him some time. 
Levis and Richardson stink! Hooker has potential, but I wouldn’t take him before round 3…maybe late 2nd round.

Hooker looks legit. Teams will likely try to knock him for his age but he looks great this year. Wouldn't be surprised if he's a fantastic backup, at the very least, or starting at some point depending on his situation.