• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How could we not give Fitt another chance?!?

DMathematics

2 hours ago, DMathematics said:

That's why terrible and reckless trading and here is the status he shouldn't be able to make any big future moves until we know who the next GM will be for sure 

I hate we are missing our 3rd, but 5-7 rounders rarely make the roster. It is not as bad as Matt is making it out. Looks like those picks could be high, so there is a chance of trading back and collecting more picks. The sky is not falling.

Edited by philit99

4 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

I have no issue with the Baker trade even now. We gave up nothing for him.

the Trade for a Matt Corrall is looking kinda steep now but still not terrible overall. I do think we need to slow way down on trading anything 1-4, after round 4 I don’t care. 

I'm not a member of the Corral bandwagon, but given how absolutely sh-tty the coaching has been, I don't really think we know anything much about him yet.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

59 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

If he was bidding against himself for Mayfield, I'd say he won.

We got him for peanuts and the Browns ate most of his salary.

He won the boobie prize.  Mayfield is actually playing worse than Sam.

His first signings were Erving and Elflein.  His third was giving up a 2nd, 4th and 6th for Sam.  He then guarteed Sam for 18 Mil this year.  He then traded down in the 2nd for Terrace Marshal and used one of the acquired picks for Chubba Hubbard. 

Fit's hit rate aint great.  He can hide behind Rhule's skirt, but he ain't blameless.

Edited by poundaway
  • Pie 4

1 minute ago, philit99 said:

but 5-7 rounders rarely make the roster. 

I don't think that's an accurate statement.

2022 5-7 rounders - all but one made the roster. DE Amaré Barno was cut, but is now on the Dolphins practice squad.

2021 5-7 rounders - all but one made the roster in their rookie year. LS Thomas Fletcher was placed on IR.

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Excellent pedigree?   

He helped take a SB team and turn it into the stale bag of lame it is up in Seattle lol, post legion of boom and most of their good picks. Can't even say he helped with the best move they made in years by ditching Wilson lol. 

1 hour ago, ChuckWag78 said:

Oh no!  We dont have our 6th and 7th pick!

I'm a Fitt fan. Liked most of his moves so far via trades. I like we are "in every deal". I have liked his drafts. Not sure what else you can ask for.  Is he the new whipping boy with rhule gone?

Yup. Some of these guys want to “throw the baby out with the bathwater”. Fitt has done a good overall job and the scouting department was recently revamped. I think these guys deserve a chance to right the ship now that Rhule is gone.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

26 minutes ago, rayzor said:

micromanaging rhule made it hard to see what anyone could or would do without his control and influence.

i wouldn't cry if we started over there, either, but i also would be curious to see how he'd be different without rhule around.

This 💯 I think we’re just now beginning to understand how dysfunctional things were under Rhule’s influence. 

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, poundaway said:

He won the boobie prize.  Mayfield is actually playing worse than Sam.

His first signings were Erving and Elflein.  His third was giving up a 2nd, 4th and 6th for Sam.  He then guarteed Sam for 18 Mil this year.  He then traded down in the 2nd for Terrace Marshal and used one of the acquired picks for Chubba Hubbard. 

Fit's hit rate aint great.  He can hide behind Rhule's skirt, but he ain't blameless.

Just 3 weeks ago, you were guaranteeing all of us that Rhule was going to take the Panthers to the playoffs.

8 minutes ago, Waldo said:

He helped take a SB team and turn it into the stale bag of lame it is up in Seattle lol, post legion of boom and most of their good picks. Can't even say he helped with the best move they made in years by ditching Wilson lol. 

Have you noticed that a pretty heavy portion of your argument is based on the idea that Scott Fitterer must be blamed for anything his bosses do wrong?

Are you also going to try and tie him to the contract Tepper gave Rhule?

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Good overall job?  fug that

We have to agree to disagree. There’s a bigger picture here that you’re apparently not seeing. I won’t lose any sleep if we made a clean sweep here. While Fitt is not totally blameless, this roster mostly has Rhule’s fingerprints all over it. He was given final say of personnel BEFORE Fitt got here and it remained such until he was canned. I’d be curios to see the direction of this team without the influence and control of the previous HC.

Edited by Prowler2k18