• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

LaCanfora - Rhule fired - Now what ?

Paa Langfart

16 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

You guys need to listen to this Ellis on the roar

They breakdown who may be traded, Sean Payton, and Scott fitterer in regards to a new coach. 

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-roar-a-carolina-panthers-podcast/id1523253913

Incredible content

I am not totally anti Quinn because I think his floor is a competent franchise (something that i think Tepper probably wants).  However if that is fitt #1 target then that is concerning. 

Quinn will at least drag this franchise into the realm of competence. Rhule completely drove this franchise to the depths of hell. Guy was in over his head from Day 1

• Pie 1

Just now, TLGPanthersFan said:

Despite the Falcons defense being one of the worst units in the league while he was a HC?

They had some good years before the end of his tenure but I agree I’m not loving the Dan Quinn pick. He’s an improvement over Rhule but that’s not saying a lot. I’d like a young first time NFL head coach with plenty of NFL coaching experience who is actually ready to make the jump. Demeco Ryans is at the top of my list. Working under Kyle Shanahan is about as good as it gets coaching tree wise. He learned from one of the best head coaching machines ever Mike Shanahan.

Those knocking Quinn seems bizarrre… the guy has been successful everywhere he has gone. Look what we has done for that cowboys defense.

don’t forget that Kyle shanahan was the OC that couldn’t get the falcons any points in the second half against the patriots. Kyle made some supremely questionable decisions in that game that took the falcons out of winning that game. Including stopped running the ball in true second half. Also, Matt Ryan taking that bone headed sack to get them out of field goal range.

the falcons ran the ball 48% of the time in the first half, and when they had their commanding lead…. They ran it only 33% of the time in the second half. It was a young OC making dumb young decisions, and as some falcons fan say…. “He got cocky.”

the downfall of Quinn was much related to Dmitrioff’s cap killing decisions. He devoted so much money to Ryan, Julio and their running backs … that the falcons weren’t afforded an opportunity to reset the roster with talent due to cap. This ultimately led to his departure with Quinn.

1 minute ago, hepcat said:

They had some good years before the end of his tenure but I agree I’m not loving the Dan Quinn pick. He’s an improvement over Rhule but that’s not saying a lot. I’d like a young first time NFL head coach with plenty of NFL coaching experience who is actually ready to make the jump. Demeco Ryans is at the top of my list. Working under Kyle Shanahan is about as good as it gets coaching tree wise. He learned from one of the best head coaching machines ever Mike Shanahan.

I wouldn’t hate getting Ryans. Falcons defense in the Super Bowl year reminded me of the Saints in 2009. Who were ranked 25th defense overall but number 1 in takeaways. 
But after the Suoer Bowl the Falcons defense just kept getting worse and worse. 

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

Those knocking Quinn seems bizarrre… the guy has been successful everywhere he has gone. Look what we has done for that cowboys defense.

don’t forget that Kyle shanahan was the OC that couldn’t get the falcons any points in the second half against the patriots. Kyle made some supremely questionable decisions in that game that took the falcons out of winning that game. Including stopped running the ball in true second half. Also, Matt Ryan taking that bone headed sack to get them out of field goal range.

the falcons ran the ball 48% of the time in the first half, and when they had their commanding lead…. They ran it only 33% of the time in the second half. It was a young OC making dumb young decisions, and as some falcons fan say…. “He got cocky.”

the downfall of Quinn was much related to Dmitrioff’s cap killing decisions. He devoted so much money to Ryan, Julio and their running backs … that the falcons weren’t afforded an opportunity to reset the roster with talent due to cap. This ultimately led to his departure with Quinn.

Like I said, he has a nice floor but I just want to aspire a bit higher then quinn.  Who that is I have no clue, not my job, but if quinn is candidate #1 then I find that concerning.  I wouldnt hate the hire but just think we can do better