• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

LaCanfora - Rhule fired - Now what ?

Paa Langfart

He argues pretty convincingly that we have no shot at Payton

Based on conversations with multiple NFL executives and coaches, including several who have ties to Tepper, league insiders don’t see this as a fit. Many who know Payton well don’t believe he and Tepper would be a match

and

The odds of Saints exec Mickey Loomis dealing Payton to a division rival are bleak.

On Steve Wilks

Don’t rule out interim head coach Steve Wilks getting a real chance to impress his new boss, however. Numerous people who have insight into the Panthers’ front office dynamic but aren’t permitted to discuss it publicly, believe that when Wilks — a former member of the Panthers coaching staff held in high regard there — left his job as defensive coordinator at Missouri to join Rhule’s staff as a secondary coach, it was for this exact scenario. 

and

Multiple general managers suggested to me that, should Wilks not win the job, Carolina General Manager Scott Fitterer would strongly endorse Cowboys defensive coordinator Dan Quinn. 

quite a bit more more here

Who will be the Carolina Panthers' next head coach? - The Washington Post

You guys need to listen to this Ellis on the roar

They breakdown who may be traded, Sean Payton, and Scott fitterer in regards to a new coach. 

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-roar-a-carolina-panthers-podcast/id1523253913

Incredible content

I am not totally anti Quinn because I think his floor is a competent franchise (something that i think Tepper probably wants).  However if that is fitt #1 target then that is concerning. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

🤮 I don't want Wilks or Quinn. Let's get someone who has a clue about offense. I really don't want Payton but looking at what Moore is doing for the Cowboys and what Ryan is doing for the 49ers how do you go with a guy who lost a SB in a horrible way and another who has spent 1 year as a NFL DC and 1 year as a coach. Not really awe inspiring. Fans need a coach they can believe in. I mean if we are going to hire Quinn we might as well hire Leslie Frazier or Raheem Morris. 

I think the "not attractive job" is a common overreaction to bad teams in times of transition, but teams like the Browns and Lions and Jags have always gotten who they were chasing for... Even if it didn't always work out. I think we will get who Tepper wants, minus maybe Peyton.

1 minute ago, L-TownCat said:

Division Rival former coach that won a Super bowl?

No GIF

Division Rival former coach that lost the Super Bowl in the most humiliating way possible?

Jason Sudeikis Yes GIF by Apple TV+

In order to get the 1st option you need to give up picks, and for comparison the Bucs had to come off 2 1st round picks + other picks for Gruden. You want to do that for Payton?

7 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

We're really gonna hire a .500 coach who's best moment was blowing a 28-3 lead in the Super Bowl.  

Also whose team crumbled when his OC left to become a HC.  Who are we going to have develop our new QB and/or Corral??  It's just a boring hire to try to get us to be average again...

• Pie 1
  • The D 1