• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Moore Expectations

TheRealDeal

Considering we play 3 of the best teams in the league in the last 5 games...what are your expectations of Moore if he gets to start all of them? What would you consider playing well/poorly? What would warrant him getting the chance to be THEE guy next year?

Hopefully the rest of the guys haven't packed it in for the year and we get to see some competitive football.

I'm hoping to see 2-3 wins with the others being more competitive than we have been all year.

I expect to see some turnovers but I also expect to see some downfield passes that hopefully open up some running lanes. If Moore can show me pocket presence, accurate passes, confidence, and a command of the offense I can live with a few mistakes considering lack of reps and our schedule.

Thoughts?

Moore will be on a short leash, same as Jake. I am expecting heavy running with play action and short passes. If he can just manage the game make a 3rd down throw here and there I will be happy. The biggest thing is not throwing interceptions which is the main reason we have been losing.

I am going to have no expectations whatsoever. That way I do not get dissapointed if he does not play well and I am happy if he does.

If he does play very well, then I would still expect the FO (whoever they are) to still draft a QB of the future. Then you can have Moore guide the team for one or two seasons until the true star is ready. If Moore continues to play lights out then we potentially would have two relatively cheap (will be picking 2nd round QB earliest) QBs, one of which could be used as trade bait for one of the franchises in flux. Derek Anderson scenario.

If he plays average (rating 70ish, good TD:INT ratio, above 55% pass completion) and wins one or two, then I fully anticipate him to be the guy in place until the rookie unseats him next year. We can tender him medium/high and see if anyone bites. Matt Cassel scenario.

If he plays poorly then it don't matter because we have not been spoilt at the QB position this year. Just means a few people putting this guy on a pedastel will be a little let down. David Carr scenario.

Of course, I am not even thinking about any of that as I have no expectations of him ;) Just going to enjoy someone other than Jake being the signal caller. It may not pan out, but is anyone excited that sooner rather than later the torch is going to be passed? Loved Jake, but this situation has forced the FO to look at the QB position. Something they should have had a contingency plan in place years ago.

Archived