• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith said players have reached out to him on what to do…..

WarPanthers89

The players just want to play. I seriously doubt anyone in the locker room is a Rhule advocate, they just want stability and clear direction from the leadership at their workplace like any employees. Everything's uncertain now so it wouldn't surprise me if this makes the guys nervous.

DJ is locked in with his contract, so he'll be here, but it's still very likely it was him.  

That being said, I fully expect a ton of stories to come out now about Rhule...  these players are coached up on how to handle media and avoid controversy from HS on nowadays.  No matter how they personally felt about him, they were just trying to toe the company line and get through week to week.  Now they're not bound to him and I expect a lot of the issues are going to come out publicly.

• Pie 1

42 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

And?

42 minutes ago, trucpfan said:

Post it so we can discuss it 

Intended to but had to step away for a few minutes. I see someone else now has.

32 minutes ago, Tbe said:

With Rhule out of the league forever, I expect the stories to come fast.

Same

Just now, electro's horse said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s burns. 

burns doesn’t have a new contract and DJ does. 

That's prolly the best candidate for this quote.  I said despite the contract DJ was still a possibility because Smitty has been a bit of a direct mentor to him.  But, honestly, with the wave of news that we've gotten today, and in the manner in which these events have unfolded, Burns makes a ton of sense...  mainly, because those Twitter rumors from the "insider" seem to be confirmed more and more with each piece of news - such as the Wilks/Snow beef.  Part of the beef they said was due to how the defensive players were being used, and it came along with the bit that Burns was likely going to leave when his contract was up because of how he was being used.

Makes a ton of sense now.  I'm hoping Wilks and Holcomb will use him in a way that encourages him to stay.

• Pie 1