• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ben Johnson, DeMeco Ryans, Dan Quinn, Brian Flores, Ken Dorsey

jb2288

2 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Not sure what Dorsey has done to get a look as HC.  He's greener than goose poo and he's barely been an OC.  I'm not sold that it was Dorsey that drove Josh Allen's development.

11 more games to go should give us a good idea. The Bills don't look like they've missed a beat offensively yet this season with Dorsey as OC

Just now, tukafan21 said:

I've said it in another thread, but part of my stipulation with hiring Quinn would be that he hires a young innovative OC that he turns 100% control of the offense over to so we don't fall into a Ron Rivera situation again with 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense like so many defensive minded HC's fall into.

However, I'm not totally concerned about that from Quinn, it's not like the Falcons had bad offenses during his time there, Ryan aired it out quite a bit.  

My problem with taking that shot on a young offensive minded guy is if it doesn't work out, it will set us WAY back, I'd much rather go safer with this hire and worst case scenario, they help build a culture here that could be carried over to the next HC, basically what I think is happening in Detroit right now with Dan Campbell.

Dan Campbell was significantly riskier than any of these up and coming offensive candidates.  Hiring Dan Quinn and giving him a good Offensive Coordinator would set him up like what happened in Atlanta the second the OC leaves.  The NFL Playoffs is dominated by Coaches with offensive backgrounds every year, its to the point now odds are against you if you hire anything but offense.  There are exceptions to the rule like Mcdermott but its not often.

2 minutes ago, Growl said:

thanks I know how the process works, the point is that the panthers aren’t going to do nothing just because other teams are doing something 

also lol at just adding random teams

the bengals?

You havent followed Zac Taylor to know that he is a terrible coach and the fan base has turned on him. He make horrible in game decisions, and also has a job because of Burrow. Bengals will move on from Taylor if they are not in the playoffs this year. 

Even Joe B. called out coaching last night in his post game presser. Zac was one of the hottest seats last year heading into the 2021 season. It's still warm. 

Your comment "random teams" - lol.

20 minutes ago, Mage said:

I'd bet my last damn dollar that Tepper goes for an offensive coach.

You don't watch this team for the last 3 years, see the offensive output, and don't hire someone that is considered an "offensive genius."  That will be by far the #1 thing he looks for because right now, the goal for the Panthers is to put asses back in seats.  

Plus we are probably drafting a QB to develop 

Ben Johnson - nah, we could do better.

Demeco Ryans - nah, he's robert saleh lite.

Dan Quinn - hell to the no.

Brian Flores - nah, he had ONE good season with the Dolphins ... one.

Leftwich - Leftno.

Shane Steichen - we don't have a Jalen Hurts.

Shane Waldron - who? may as well hire the Bills waterboy.

Thomas Brown - who? may as well hire Shane Waldron!

Bieniemy - look, if you haven't been hired by now ...

Ken Dorsey - meh, he'd fail here.

Kellen Moore - I'd take the chance!

Sean Payton - I wish.

Jim Harbaugh - he's meant to be a college coach.

4 minutes ago, stan786 said:

Dan Campbell was significantly riskier than any of these up and coming offensive candidates.  Hiring Dan Quinn and giving him a good Offensive Coordinator would set him up like what happened in Atlanta the second the OC leaves.  The NFL Playoffs is dominated by Coaches with offensive backgrounds every year, its to the point now odds are against you if you hire anything but offense.  There are exceptions to the rule like Mcdermott but its not often.

I think the Campbell hire was very unique and purposeful.

I don't believe the Lions ever felt he was going to be their long term QB, they knew they weren't set up to win for a while and needed a slow rebuild.  They hired a guy who players love to play for and can help build the base of a solid culture moving forward, which is exactly what he's doing.

We're in a much better place than the Lions were when they hired him, they had no pieces in place other than a couple good offensive lineman, their roster was completely void of talent outside of that.

So I'm not looking to make that type of hire for us, but I think that would be Quinn's floor, with a much higher upside, which is why I'd be good with him.

1 minute ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Ben Johnson - nah, we could do better.

Demeco Ryans - nah, he's robert saleh lite.

Dan Quinn - hell to the no.

Brian Flores - nah, he had ONE good season with the Dolphins ... one.

Leftwich - Leftno.

Shane Steichen - we don't have a Jalen Hurts.

Shane Waldron - who? may as well hire the Bills waterboy.

Thomas Brown - who? may as well hire Shane Waldron!

Bieniemy - look, if you haven't been hired by now ...

Ken Dorsey - meh, he'd fail here.

Kellen Moore - I'd take the chance!

Sean Payton - I wish.

Jim Harbaugh - he's meant to be a college coach.

.695 NFL win percentage is higher than Sean Payton and not far off from John Madden.

He is from and IS meant for the NFL. Get him while he's still interested (interviewed last season).