• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No 1 overall pick, the path forward and what you need to know.

panthersgreenville

Just now, Tbe said:

Have you ever seen that stats around the success rate of QBs take outside the 1st round?

Yep, I have.  Have you seen the amount of first round QB busts that set back franchises several years?  At least with a pick outside the top 10 (trade back obviously) if the dude busts we can move on more easily.  Top 5 QB picks, especially #1, are pressured to save the franchise right off the rip and goes sour more times than not. 

1 hour ago, Reebis21 said:

I keep telling myself this but at the same time worry that maybe there’s no clear cut consensus because none will be legit franchise QBs. It’s a constant battle in my head.

Personally I like Levis, Young is too short and does Bama have a history of good NFL QBs? And Stroud is solid but OSU QBs and the fact him and Justin Fields had very similar stats in college has me concerned. 

I like Levis because he has a monster arm, he’s a bit older and more mature (24 or will he soon) and will be more pro ready from day 1 and he is built and wouldn’t need to spend time bulking up since he’s already there 

2 hours ago, ENC Pantherfan said:

I don't see the Lions taking a QB. Goff has been very good this year and the Lions offense is rolling (well at least up until yesterday). They need more defense. 

Which brings up the issuse of teams like the lions trading down if they pick before us. If someone trades up its almost always a QB. Rather just secure our spot so we dont have to worry. Just me.

4 hours ago, Reebis21 said:

I keep telling myself this but at the same time worry that maybe there’s no clear cut consensus because none will be legit franchise QBs. It’s a constant battle in my head.

Most of the clear cut consensus qb's don't pan out anyway.  Baker Mayfield, Jameis Winston, the draft is littered with qb's that end up being overrated.  Unless we can sign Lamar Jackson or someone similar, just got to hope for some luck.  

• Pie 1