• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Well, I was wrong

ladypanther

22 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

I actually thought McAdoo would be a positive. He was not a good HC but as a coordinator he was good for Manning and that gave me encouragement.  I thought a couple of real NFL coaches on staff  might help Rhule be better.  I thought Mayfield would be a lot better than he is.  Did not think he would be  all pro but would be better than Darnold.  The batted balls, his inaccuracy....did not expect that.

I do tend to be an optimist.  Thought that this  team, because of the talent that we have, might be a wild card team instead of in competition for the worst team in the NFL.

This season is lost, miserable.  We wait so long for this and as fans deserve better.    Tepper has been a disaster as an owner.  Our only hope is that by some miracle he can admit that he does not know what he is doing and puts some real football people in charge.  Doubt his ego will ever allow that.  The NFL screwed us by falling in love with Tepper's money.  He was not who I wanted as an owner, but when we got him, again...was hoping for the best.  Did not expect that we would end up with the worst.

I have been a Panther fan from the beginning.  I went to home games for years.  A job loss due to the pandemic interrupted that.  Glad I am not now spending big money now on this sh#t show.  At this point, I refuse to even buy a t-shirt until things improve.  I know, like spitting into the ocean but it is my own little personal protest.

I anticipated at least a 15-20 ranked offense from him. I did kind of expect it to be bland but Jesus, it’s like water soup. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

I'm in the same boat. I definitely though McAdoo and Mayfield would be improvements, as well. Didn't expect greatness, but some level of competency that would make the team competitive throughout the season, and give the players a chance to surprise people.  Instead we are talking about the draft the first week in October:/

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, Khyber53 said:

It's not just that we've been so bad for so long now, but it's the knowledge that we can keep being bad if things don't change drastically.

I wonder if this is how it felt for Detroit Lions fans around say 1973?

Oh wow...we are the Lions, Browns. That is depressing. And the Lions had a really good QB for years.  How did they keep screwing that up?

• Pie 2

20 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

I do tend to be an optimist.  Thought that this  team, because of the talent that we have, might be a wild card team instead of in competition for the worst team in the NFL.

This season is lost, miserable.

I don't think there are a whole lot of optimists left at this point, at least not when it comes to Matt Rhule.

(or David Tepper for that matter)

• Beer 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I don't think there are a whole lot of optimists left at this point, at least not when it comes to Matt Rhule.

(or David Tepper for that matter)

Well, I left that boat. 

Yesterday, since this was a national game [embarrassment], one of my family members in another state was watching the game and would send me an excited text when something good happened for the Panthers.  I could not feel the excitement or even feel positive.   Expected that the Panthers would screw things up.  This seems to be a new low.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

6 minutes ago, Panthera onca said:

We as fans want to be optimistic or at least have some hope, especially early in the season. It is really sad and depressing to realize that the season is already over after 4 games.

It was over as soon as rhule was retained last year.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

41 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

I thought Mayfield would be a lot better than he is.  Did not think he would be  all pro but would be better than Darnold.  The batted balls, his inaccuracy....did not expect that.

I said this exact thing, almost verbatim. I can't believe that I'm saying this, but Darnold might be better. I was fully expecting a PJ chant to start yesterday.

• Pie 2