• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who’s the worst…. Robert Johnson, George Shinn, David Tepper

TheBigKat

I’m excluding Richardson and Jordan as owners because those three don’t hold a candle to these two

ranking them in order

Worst- Shinn, beloved by the city, had the hive hopping but notoriously cheap, then the scandal and ultimately ripped our hearts when he moved our beloved Hornets to NOLA

Horrific- Tepper, so much money, no common sense. Bullying people in SC, messed with keep Pounding, brought a soccer team that nobody really cares about, the man can’t get out of guys way

who- Bob Johnson, notoriously cheap, fielded some real crappy teams under his ownership, the name, the logo, what a yuck

• Beer 2

My family used to be pretty connected with the big movers and shaker in Charlotte in the early to mid nineties. They were just jumped up white trash from the mountains don’t get me wrong, but my mom was a social butterfly and my dad was funny and a great tennis player. 

I’ve heard a story from multiple people who saw it happen that shinn har a handshake agreement at like the touchdown club or whatever in 1996 to sell the team to Humpy Wheeler. Like toasts were made, financing was planned, new arena the whole nine. 

then a few months down the line, when the contracts were about to be finished, shinn decided to increase his asking price by something ridiculous. Like they’d expected him to do that but this was outrageous even for him. 

now obviously humpy no angle and knows where some bodies are hidden (and likely ordered the hits) and likely wouldn’t have survived in a league where you couldn’t just freely rant about the gays, non whites, and whatever other minority he was pissed about that day but you can bet your ass the hornets wouldn’t have been a farm team for the rest of the league. 

Edited by electro's horse
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, jackson113 said:

I remember being pissed when JR kept Fox his last year, but at least Fox got us a number 1# draft pick. Think Rhule screws us out of one. Remember the JR is tight and the ole pie chart posts..

Good times...

I’d rather pick third without Rhule than arm Rhule with No. 1 overall in consecutive years. But we have no choice. He’s here through ‘25. 

I honestly have no problem with Tepper at all, he happened to hire a bad head coach, it happens to the best of owners, win some/lose some. Now with that said, if he still keeps Rhule after this season, then all bets are off, I will then pull out the pitch fork.

But Tepper hasn’t really done anything  that’s a “smoking gun” to say he is a terrible owner. 

Edited by panthersgreenville

16 minutes ago, panthersgreenville said:

I honestly have no problem with Tepper at all, he happened to hire a bad head coach, it happens to the best of owners, win some/lose some. Now with that said, if he still keeps Rhule after this season, then all bets are off, I will then pull out the pitch fork.

But Tepper hasn’t really done anything  that’s a “smoking gun” to say he is a terrible owner. 

so the handling of Newton, Rock Hill, keep pounding are just rookie owner mistakes?

• Pie 2