• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deadhorse. Meet beating... Nothing will change until Rhule is fired. Nothing.

Proudiddy

We all know it.  Yes, 99% of us have been saying it since last season...  but again, it has become crystallized even more with each passing week.  As I sat and tortured myself and watched Mayfield's postgame presser, it hit me again...  Baker had how many coaches and OCs in Cleveland?  Too many.  And yet, he never once looked this inept.  He never once looked this bad, especially not for this long.  I've said it elsewhere and ad nauseam, but it is not coincidence that every single QB with any established history in the league that has come through here under Rhule, has played the worst football of their respective careers, and not by a little bit.  All of them.  Every single one of them.  No exception.

As I was watching Baker's presser I couldn't help but keep going back to this thought.  Again, I didn't expect him to be an MVP, but I expected him, at worst, to be average.  Maybe even slightly below average.  As of today, for this season, I believe he is the worst starter in the league, and it's not even close.  Do we really think that's who he is as a player?  I don't.  Do we really think Cam, at 6'5" with an established history and MVP stats, even with a little less arm, was bad enough to have 5+ balls batted at the LOS and go for 5 for 21 in Miami last season?  Do we really think Darnold, for all his flaws and faults, is bad enough to go an entire game without converting a single first down?  (For the record, don't actually ask me that last question 🤣)

The batted balls stuff, as I mentioned with Cam, was happening last season.  And I even posed the same question then.  We never saw that before from Cam.  And he's not short and that has nothing to do with arm strength.  And despite the loss of throwing distance, he even demonstrated his last year here before Rhule that he could play the short-medium game and read a defense.  Batted balls has to do with timing and anticipation.  It gets a lot easier to do when you know what's coming...  so this isn't new. 

So again, I am forced to go back to the common denominator - Rhule.  For all that has changed, it has all remained the same.  I think he is pigeonholing the OC into concepts he wants run, and by extension, the offense.  Teams and coaches going back to the beginning of last year and even the end of Rhule's first season, have repeatedly talked about how simple and college-like our offense was, and the tape shows it.  Again, this isn't to excuse Baker...  But i do know, he isnt this bad.  Cam wasn't and isnt as bad as the Miami game looked.  Nowhere near...  This is simply to further illustrate how bad of a coach Rhule is, and nothing, especially not with the offense, is going to improve until he is gone.

• Pie 9

1 minute ago, RJK said:

Sad thing is it won’t actually change until a new coach is hired and he builds the team in his image. Sooo another 2 years of cellar dwelling at least and that’s assuming rhule is fired at all🤷‍♂️

I've also accepted this.  It would take a miracle to turn it over any quicker...  we've got a stench all over us and in the building that is gonna take a long time to deodorize, thanks to Rhule.

• Beer 1

15 hours ago, Hoenheim said:

Fan base is dying quickly if Tepper isn't an idiot he'd fire Rhule this week or next week and tell fit or new gm to initiate a rebuild 

If the current trend continues fan interest will continue to erode. When and if the Panthers turn the ship around it may take a while to regain fan interest.