• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why aren't we acquiring compensatory picks?

DMathematics

1 minute ago, DMathematics said:

But we could have signed Corbett and still got the picks we just signed to many people its a a balance that's all i'm saying you don't have to be all the way in or all the way out 

Those players are all starters. Woods is solid for the price. Wilson fills a huge need. Corbett seems to be doing well according to most on here. And Bozeman got hurt. Who you giving up. Bozeman is either highly overrated or still going to be a steal. But the Panthers would have been crazy not to sign him. It’s still one of the strangest deals I’ve seen a player take. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Those players are all starters. Woods is solid for the price. Wilson fills a huge need. Corbett seems to be doing well according to most on here. And Bozeman got hurt. Who you giving up. Bozeman is either highly overrated or still going to be a steal. But the Panthers would have been crazy not to sign him. It’s still one of the strangest deals I’ve seen a player take. 

You are completely correct those players are good in the spots they are in now but I was just giving context to what's been going on the last couple years this year we may have found good players to offset but that's certainly not always the case 

• Poo 1

26 minutes ago, DMathematics said:

You are completely correct those players are good in the spots they are in now but I was just giving context to what's been going on the last couple years this year we may have found good players to offset but that's certainly not always the case 

In the past they have. But things have also changed and with limited picks available, it’s changed the way you sign players. 

Bradberry and signing Bridgewater was more what you describe and it was/and still is blasted for how bad a move it was. Plus the bonus of basically giving the 3rd to the Saints for Teddy. But paying him 31M for a below average season and a late pick hurt much worse. Under the current system, Bradberry would have been a 4th at best. 

1 hour ago, DMathematics said:

taking a victory lap for being WRONG is extreme weirdo behavior lol 

You said 3rd and the best it can become is a 4th. Now throw in decreased value of FUTURE picks vs current and 5th is probably right while 3rd is absolutely wrong. Strop trolling…

• Poo 1

Just now, ForJimmy said:

You said 3rd and the best it can become is a 4th. Now throw in decreased value of FUTURE picks vs current and 5th is probably right while 3rd is absolutely wrong. Strop trolling…

We were both wrong but he acted like he was right for me being wrong lmao 

• Poo 1