• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why aren't we acquiring compensatory picks?

DMathematics

I mean holy poo!! In a REBUILD and especially the way we TRADE picks you would think they would know what's coming in and out but nope take a look at what we have gotten since Rhule became the coach.

2021 Lost 7 players signed 5

We gained two sixth round picks for Bruce Irvin and Daryl Williams..

Missed out on a 3RD from Bradberry to sign Teddy

Missed out on a two 6ths from Vernon Butler and Gerald McCoy to sign Steph Weatherly (LOL) and Justin Burris

2022 Lost 3 players signed 8 

Gained nothing can't blame them only lost Curtis for for a 5th to sign Reddick.

This past offseason 2023 Lost 3 gained 4 (Biggest fug up in especially after Darnold trade)

Missed out on a 4th for Reddick for Damien Wilson LB lmfao

Missed out on a 5th for Gilmore for Austin Corbett G.

Missed out on a 6th for Dequan Jones for Xavier Woods? Decent I guess

What the hell are we doing? We need to recoup some of these missing picks for the lack of depth on our roster but we settle for signing players that won't be here the year after or just guys that shouldn't be signed until after the compensation period is over 

• Poo 1

2 minutes ago, DMathematics said:

This past offseason 2023 Lost 3 gained 4 (Biggest fug up in especially after Darnold trade)

Missed out on a 4th for Reddick for Damien Wilson LB lmfao

Missed out on a 5th for Gilmore for Austin Corbett G.

Missed out on a 6th for Dequan Jones for Xavier Woods? Decent I guess

Really odd timing to state this when the players named here are a strong point for us right now….

• Pie 3

Just now, TheCasillas said:

Really odd timing to state this when the players named here are a strong point for us right now….

Who's playing well Woods? He's okay I'll give you that but that only cost us a 6th.. what cost us a 4th for Reddick is unacceptable and horrible team building 

• Poo 1

3 minutes ago, DMathematics said:

Who's playing well Woods? He's okay I'll give you that but that only cost us a 6th.. what cost us a 4th for Reddick is unacceptable and horrible team building 

Corbett is the 5th best passing guard in the league right now. Wilson has 80+ run defense score right now. Considering our run defense has been lights out the last two games, credit is due. 

Also, how are you judging players? Woods: "he's okay" - what are you using to justify this comment? 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

Corbett is the 5th best passing guard in the league right now. Wilson has 80+ run defense score right now. Considering our run defense has been lights out the last two games, credit is due. 

Also, how are you judging players? Woods: "he's okay" - what are you using to justify this comment? 

You think a year of Damien Wilson in 3 games is worth giving up a 4th round pick? When we just traded a 3rd to move up for Coral? Not to mention the 3rd we just traded for Baker? We could have found a rookie LB in the 7th and he would be playing the same way.. How am I judging players? Our record we are 1-2 and have played 3 of the worst teams in the nil

• Poo 4

Just now, Pakmeng said:

Can't sign free agents and get comp picks. Someone is always going to be upset.

That's the issue though I understand if these guys were impact players but they're not they're average players in some cases don't even make the roster out of training camp and also you can sign free agents and get comp picks you just have to wait until comp picks are no longer being counted in the summer around July which I'm sure most of the players we signed would've been around for it anyway 

• Poo 1

4 minutes ago, DMathematics said:

You think a year of Damien Wilson in 3 games is worth giving up a 4th round pick? When we just traded a 3rd to move up for Coral? Not to mention the 3rd we just traded for Baker? We could have found a rookie LB in the 7th and he would be playing the same way.. How am I judging players? Our record we are 1-2 and have played 3 of the worst teams in the nil

all of this is flat out wrong. This must be a troll account. Im not wasting my time. 

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 2

As long as the players produce, who cares? Everyone wants everything to be perfect. It's not going to be. You have to keep taking dart throws. Sitting on your hands waiting for compensatory picks is not the only way, or even necessarily the best way, to build a team. Just like you have to be keen at situational play calling, in my opinion you should be keen at situational team building also. You can't always think inside the box and expect great results. Think outside the box sometimes and live a little.

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

all of this is flat out wrong. This must be a troll account. Im not wasting my time. 

What's wrong?? We didn't just trade a 3rd round pick for Baker Mayfield? How did he get on this team lmao and really? We traded Denzel last year for a 7th and he was a pro bowl LB lol LB are not valuable so yes missing out on a 4th just so sign him to a one year deal is a stupid decision 

And we played the BROWNS GIANTS AND SAINTS none of those teams are good lmao 

Edited by DMathematics
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 2

1 minute ago, DMathematics said:

What's wrong?? We didn't just trade a 3rd round pick for Baker Mayfield? How did he get on this team lmao and really? We traded Denzel last year for a 7th and he was a pro bowl LB lol LB are not valuable so yes missing out on a 4th just so sign him to a one year deal is a stupid decision 

Baker Mayfield traded to Panthers for fifth-round pick

• Poo 2