• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brown and Burns

Martin

Just now, rmoneyg35 said:

Thing is, is NT the position he should be playing? He seems to be a lot better at getting to the Qb than stopping the run.

also if the info we got is true and the coaching staff told Brown to lose weight because he was going to be a pass rusher then when the season started they wanted him to be a nose tackle then our coaching staff really screwed him over.

A nose tackle isn't the same in body style or function in a 3-4 versus a 4-3.  A nose tackle in a 4-3 which is what we largely run has to be able to sit down and take on a double team in a running situation while also being able to collapse the pocket internally against the pass. Brown has both the size to hold his block but the speed and athleticism to collapse the pocket.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

A nose tackle isn't the same in body style or function in a 3-4 versus a 4-3.  A nose tackle in a 4-3 which is what we largely run has to be able to sit down and take on a double team in a running situation while also being able to collapse the pocket internally against the pass. Brown has both the size to hold his block but the speed and athleticism to collapse the pocket.

True but if that rumor is true I think it had an effect on him.

7 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

When he was motivated. Problem was he was rarely in good shape and disappeared for series at a time. His motivation was often suspect. I think he largely wasted his talent.

Considering Jenkins had Buckner beside him, Peppers and Rucker on the end, I’m surprised he didn’t have more sacks. But you are correct about his injuries. They also said peppers disappeared in games and took plays off. Imagine if Jenkins was in better shape?

2 hours ago, rmoneyg35 said:

Is it me or has Brown played really well this year? I noticed today he was making a lot of plays and getting to the Qb and doing important things that doesn’t always show up in the stat sheet. Problem is I don’t think he’s a NT.

he followed up what I though was the best game of his career vs the giants with an even better game yesterday. if he isn't an NT what is he then?