• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rebuild and Fire Sale

Matthias

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Is there not a way to get creative?  I honestly have no idea but there were rumblings in the offseason and now laconfora

No. Erving has a little room but they sure don’t want to extend him. And it would only 
be 3M at most. Every other bet is making league minimum base salary already because of the “cap ninja” moves in the off-season. 

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Is there not a way to get creative?  I honestly have no idea but there were rumblings in the offseason and now laconfora

I dug a little deeper and the team can split it up with next year. It will still be gone before off-season, but it’s not impossible. In fact it brings Shaq and Robbie into play. They are making league minimum for any team that trades for them. The Panthers only have around 10M right now. So CMC would be really tough. 

8 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Over The Cap says the dead cap would be $7.5M for three years, we'd save $12M in each of 23' and 24'. Not sure where the 19.5M cap hit is coming from, the trading team would take on the salary, we're just stuck with bonus money from the signing and restructure. Question is what draft capital would be worth Paying CMC almost $8M a year for 3 years to play for another team? 

https://overthecap.com/player/christian-mccaffrey/5592

3 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Over The Cap says the dead cap would be $7.5M for three years, we'd save $12M in each of 23' and 24'. Not sure where the 19.5M cap hit is coming from, the trading team would take on the salary, we're just stuck with bonus money from the signing and restructure. Question is what draft capital would be worth Paying CMC almost $8M a year for 3 years to play for another team? 

https://overthecap.com/player/christian-mccaffrey/5592

The trading team would pay his remaining base salary. The Panthers have to account for the 18.5M(not 19.5M) off dead cap before next off-season. So they would have to use 9.25M of their close to 10M total right now. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I hear you and agree, but I have watched football a long time and I am pretty sure the new coach (and gm?) are going to come in here and not have the dumbass rhule line of thinking of "this roster can win now".  They are 100% going to see this as a rebuild and more then likely have to strip this puppy for parts and build it again.  You know something that should have been done 3 years ago

..we already fugged up the rebuild...now we godda do it again?   losers are always rebuilding...

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

I just don’t see any new regimen stripping this team down. There is no point. It would take years to get equivalent talent and risk performing out of the gate. You have a young team with talent at almost every position. 

the new regimen would trim the fat but keep the meat. 

Yes that was I was trying to imply.  They will have to shed some contracts and probably rework others.   We still have to pay brown, burns and chinn if we want to keep our core.   

we also need to figure our linebacker situation since shaq is done after 2023.   We are painfully thin there.    

Edited by mrcompletely11

16 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Yes that was I was trying to imply.  They will have to shed some contracts and probably rework others.   We still have to pay brown, burns and chinn if we want to keep our core.   

we also need to figure our linebacker situation since shaq is done after 2023.   We are painfully thin there.    

100% linebacker and quarterback are key.  The roster isn’t really in bad condition. Just need the key pieces to be filled. 

it’s going to be a process people. Rhule effectively dug this team into a pit that will take a couple years to get out of. during that time you hopefully get your franchise QB and have some learning year or two, a blueprint like other teams.

keep in mind this is beast case scenario.

sometimes the losing culture and FO ineptness gets engrained so much, it comes to a point of no return. like the Browns, Lions or Dolphins until recently…Bills too.

In this case you’re looking at a decade plus of just putrid football. This is why it’s so important to get things right. Our owner doesn’t see it and just doesn’t get it. He has destroyed this franchise and it’s really sad.

i honestly have no faith anymore. I don’t expect the Pa there to be a good team until nearing 2030 tbh.