• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Hottest Seat in the NFL - Canfora on Rhule

Paa Langfart

19 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

People think CMC's contract makes him impossible to trade, but that can always be manipulated. 

Are you saying this because you know it's true? Or are you saying it because you want it to be true? Cuz if you know how we can do so. Would you explain it to us who don't get it?

4 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Everyone killing Rhule this week you know what that means Panthers will definitely win tomorrow 

We haven’t won at home in over a year and boast the longest losing streak in the NFL.  

there were fire Rhule chants, boos, etc going down mid season last year.  Clearly, bashing Matt Rhule isn’t some secret formula to finding a win. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We really should trade CMC. It's the best for both parties. For us, we get assets to build around and out from under a big money RB contract. For CMC, he gets out of this dumpster fire.

A rebuilding team doesn't benefit from a big money injury prone RB.

This.

I advocated trading CMC since last season.  It just doesn't make sense to invest big money in RBs in today's NFL.  No matter how good they are, it almost always causes huge problems to give them big money.  The best teams are constantly turning over that position, as it should be.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

This.

I advocated trading CMC since last season.  It just doesn't make sense to invest big money in RBs in today's NFL.  No matter how good they are, it almost always causes huge problems to give them big money.  The best teams are constantly turning over that position, as it should be.

It's true. Giving a RB a big money contract is almost always a bad move. Draft them and let someone else pay them.

Hindsight is always 2020 but imagine where we'd be as a franchise right now if we had taken Mahomes at #8 and say Calvin Cook at RB in the 2nd in that 2017 draft. Now obviously we weren't on the 1st round QB market then but again, hindsight being 20/20 and all that...

7 hours ago, panthersgreenville said:

Our turnaround starts tomorrow after we blowout the Saints and go on a run to finish 10-7 and make the playoffs. Book it, I have special abilities to predict these things and not only are we winning tomorrow but we are going to blow the Saints out of the water, hold me to this if you want.

ill have what he's having

4 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

How?  Genuinely curious how it could work

I'm no expert but I think the panthers could add some years that automatically void at the end of his contract and then convert a portion of his remaining salary to signing bonus which would be paid now but hit the cap across all the years on his contract.

That would add dead money to our cap in future years but could make him very attractive to contenders in a trade.

They could do the same thing without the voidable years which would add more dead cap sooner if he were traded.

Very debatable if any of that would be a good idea.