• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Friday Pressers

Proudiddy

Just now, Proudiddy said:

Nope, definitely counts, but doesn't negste my argument.  That run isn't a credit to coaching, scheme or Rhule...  it's a credit to CMC making something happen.  How'd the majority of his runs look throughout that game outside of that 49 yarder?

Seems kinda slimy to take any credit for broken plays.

Weak.

• Pie 1

Just now, Proudiddy said:

Nope, definitely counts, but doesn't negste my argument.  That run isn't a credit to coaching, scheme or Rhule...  it's a credit to CMC making something happen.  How'd the majority of his runs look throughout that game outside of that 49 yarder?

Yeah, now apply that to every team through out the league.  Their stats don't look so hot when you remove the ones that the talent breaks wide open.

26 minutes ago, Dave Gettleman's Shorts said:

cherry picking stat mf'ers at it again. giants were missing both starting DE's and Leonard Williams went down during the game. most of those yards came off one CMC run. Foreman had 2 carries...

150 yards rushing and yet they still lost

yeah, how were we able to run? 

Well, we have the best RB in the NFL (when healthy) and the Giants don't have a good defense and were missing players. 

8 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Nope, definitely counts, but doesn't negate my argument.  That run isn't a credit to coaching, scheme or Rhule...  it's a credit to CMC making something happen.  How'd the majority of his runs look throughout that game outside of that 49 yarder?

We actually had a really strong day running to the left. Even before that run CMC was averaging just under 5 yards per carry. 

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Yeah, now apply that to every team through out the league.  Their stats don't look so hot when you remove the ones that the talent breaks wide open.

I agree with you there...  every team is trying to set themselves up for that one big gash or deep bomb...  the "explosives" as the football world likes to call them these days.  And yes, they are the outliers.  

But I'm just not giving that to Rhule in this scenario because we aren't like other teams.  He hasn't shown a consistent ability to make those plays happen or set up a defense so that we can hit them with an explosive later.  We have one of, if not the worst offense in the league under Rhule.  So, when we get big plays, I think it's more because of the players doing an extraordinary job rather than him or McAdoo dialing up something amazing on purpose.  

The fact we've only played 3 WRs for almost the entire game the first two weeks, ran the same plays multiple times, only ran two personnel groupings for the entire game in week 1, and the fact ESPN analysts could find that we were tipping our plays just by alignment of the RB makes it awfully hard to give Rhule any credit for anything.

22 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Nope, definitely counts, but doesn't negate my argument.  That run isn't a credit to coaching, scheme or Rhule...  it's a credit to CMC making something happen.  How'd the majority of his runs look throughout that game outside of that 49 yarder?

Now I'm no Rhule fan, but come on, that run play was not the result of a broken play, it was run exactly the way it was schemed to be run.

6 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

Now I'm no Rhule fan, but come on, that run play was not the result of a broken play, it was run exactly the way it was schemed to be run.

I didnt say that was a broken play.  I just said it was a greater credit to the players than the playcalling.

If we did it more often, I'd be more inclined to give the coaches more credit. 

34 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

If you ignore all of Chubb and Hunt's broken tackles in Week 1 where they individually made something happen, we'd probably have allowed like 60 yards rushing lol.  But it doesn't work that way.