• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Case Study, all nighter...sh*t

davos

So this is a question for everyone (pending if the old farts here can remember there most recent paper/thesis/case study):

What was the topic of your most recent research study/paper?

Right now I'm working on a comparative case study between Lincoln Park in Chicago and Golden Gate Park in San Fran. Hopefully I'll show how they both are pretty flipping cool landscape architecture wise...but I think it may require an all nighter before exams even start ;)

So...I'm a lil' stressed

You?

Did you conclude that we just wanted to send a message to Russia and Japan would have surrendered in a month anyway?

Well Truman wanting to swing his dick in front of Stalin definitely played a part in his decision. But I essentially concluded that, while Japan would have surrendered regardless before an invasion would have been necessary, the bomb still probably saved the lives of over 10,000 US servicemen. Keep in mind that we lost 3,000+ men in July alone when there were no major operations being undertaken during that time

I also said that Japan can't play the victim in World War II, namely because of the egregious war crimes they committed.

I'm not the giant liberal vagina I'm made out to be.

The war was dragging and people at home were getting pissed about it. We were running out of money, people were tapped out on war bonds, and we had an expensive war project that could be used almost as intended to solve the Japan problem while also asserting our authoritah over the world, it was win win unless you were a resident of Hiroshima or Nagasaki (who was not the primary target that day - Kokura was the primary target but clouds obscured the city).

I can't remember writing so much as what I did the summers Zod got me access to Panthers training camp and mini camps. Transcribing interviews from a recorder, writing articles from interviews, updates every day, longer pieces not constrained by print specs.....answering questions on the board....enjoyed every minute of it.

Archived