• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Great Podcast with Jonathan Stewart

d-dave

8 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Not from what I have heard from listening to him. 
He makes constant excuses. 

Sounds to me you're being biased then. 

Don't worry about it, majority of the huddle is completely down with being biased, as long as the masses agree with the bias. 

Edited by pantherclaw

11 hours ago, d-dave said:

I know some people just don't like podcasts.  I get it.  But sometimes you get some great interviews.  This morning I started listening to this episode with Jonathan Stewart, which I found super insightful.  It's only about 36 minutes long, and the content with JStew is pretty cool.

What I took away from Stewart is that there is a distinct lack of trust on the team.  Period.  Can they trust the play call?  The other guys?  With that sense of trust is how much you have your bud's back?  It's a very interesting perspective about the relationships between players, coaches, and the families.  Stewart said "it's not just us winning, it's our kids and our families winning."  That hit really hard. 

He also said something many of us will not like to hear: it's not all on Matt Rhule.  He didn't fumble the ball.  He didn't drop a pick.  He didn't miss a block.  Remember his perspective as a player before you think he's just soft in the head.  He does also say that when players do their jobs and the results stink, that's on the coaches.  It's something we need to remember - there is a give and take between players and coaches.

Overall, really enjoyable listen for me.  Maybe you will disagree and that's fine.  It's important to try to look at the different perspectives as we try not to sell our team out completely.  Not that they haven't earned it thus far...

Who doesn't like podcasts? I mean clearly someone does there are a billion of them and get millions of views

I love JStew he's one of my all time favs but I do not expect him to say bad things about the staff he just isn't that type of guy and never has been to his credit. But it is obvious that in year 3 all of these issues can be pinpointed to coaching more or less. Especially after we have already seen one OC fall on his sword for the deficiencies of our offense which looked league worst for an entire half of football to start the season.

Edited by frankw

23 hours ago, therealmjl said:

He shouldn’t be back there regardless. Actually, yeah he shouldn’t be on the team.

Remember that deep kick he brought out late in the game vs CLE?

Rhule's arrogant overconfidence in his ability to turn around horrible players will be his undoing. 

Unfortunately he has learned nothing from the Darnold experiment.

On 9/21/2022 at 4:13 AM, d-dave said:

I know some people just don't like podcasts.  I get it.  But sometimes you get some great interviews.  This morning I started listening to this episode with Jonathan Stewart, which I found super insightful.  It's only about 36 minutes long, and the content with JStew is pretty cool.

What I took away from Stewart is that there is a distinct lack of trust on the team.  Period.  Can they trust the play call?  The other guys?  With that sense of trust is how much you have your bud's back?  It's a very interesting perspective about the relationships between players, coaches, and the families.  Stewart said "it's not just us winning, it's our kids and our families winning."  That hit really hard. 

He also said something many of us will not like to hear: it's not all on Matt Rhule.  He didn't fumble the ball.  He didn't drop a pick.  He didn't miss a block.  Remember his perspective as a player before you think he's just soft in the head.  He does also say that when players do their jobs and the results stink, that's on the coaches.  It's something we need to remember - there is a give and take between players and coaches.

Overall, really enjoyable listen for me.  Maybe you will disagree and that's fine.  It's important to try to look at the different perspectives as we try not to sell our team out completely.  Not that they haven't earned it thus far...

No poo. 

On 9/21/2022 at 9:49 AM, davos said:

Nice perspective.  Still firmly on the wipe everything clean but Horn, Chinn and DJ train but good content.  

Love me some J Stew.

Agree but I'll add Icky, Moton ,and possibly BC.  OLs are hard to build and if we already have a cheap (outside of Moton) foundation in place that will help a lot.

• Pie 1

I agree with a lot of points JStew made, but this is year 3 for Rhule. These are the same mistakes he made during his first year. The team is still making the same mistakes since year one. There has been no noticeable progress since he became head coach, and for that, it lies solely on his shoulders. 

• Beer 1