• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Arizona State coaching candidates

ladypanther

39 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

So to expand on this I have heard through the grapevine that one of the first tough lessons Rhule learned was that this isn’t a college with boosters that will give you money for projects no questions asked

This is also a business and he did not realize that there would be budgets. One of the first things Rhule wanted was new carpet for the locker room and when he learned that there is a price tag he was shocked. It’s not Tepper being cheap because they got the carpet but the concept of a budget blew Rhule away and that’s probably one reason you don’t see that medicine crap.

Wow.  Incredible lol.  Thanks for sharing, and sounds par for the course.

2 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

You, know it's funny, I have been thinking back to this portion of his hire a lot more the last two weeks, because I find it funny that no one in the media has called him on it.  IIRC, Tepper or Hurney made it a point to say that the hire somewhat hinged on them being able to promise Rhule he would get that sports medicine/science crap here.  And again, the more time that has gone by, it has become evident that that was just more of his con at the time.  It sounded innovative and ingenious to the teams interviewing him, and at the same time, it seems so cutting-edge that none of them would've known enough to call bullshit on it at the time...  but it wows the interviewer/teams in that process to the point that they wouldn't possibly think it's just part of his used car sales con to win them over in the moment...

And like I said, not a single peep about that bullshit since his intro.  He knew what he was doing.

One of the best hires a coach can make is finding the right strength coach. Do yourself a favor and head over to panthers.com and checkout Jeremy Scotts resume.......its checks 3....I repeat 3 huge boxes.... A strength coach spends more time with the players than the HC, or any coach.....So you better pick one hell of guy....

Personally Ive been dissatisfied with the teams strength, speed, and conditioning. They always look weak with both lines getting pushed around on the reg. Rhule should have found a proven guy, not a drinking pal form a few years ago. 

Plus facts are nearly all the strength coaches have similar training and "secrets". I was in the strength scene for a good bit, youd been surpised at how well connected they are to one another. Zoom meetings are a normal thing now and lots is being shared. Towards the end for me, there was a couple break-thoughts as in- good quantity sleep was thought of as a PED, sooooooo much was being learned about the nervous system and its now importance(especially for max lifts), and the roid heads were finally learning the limits of insulin combined with their other PED soups..

The old stand by was it takes the roided up gym rats about 10 years to figure out the limits of new "medicines". They pay the heaviest price in doing so, but others benefit afterwards. Stem cells is alll the rage now, even for my group aka arm wrestlers. Its legal for any NFLer to go to a farrr away land and get pumped full of them.......some are liking the results... not strength-wise, but healing, skin, and recover factor. They feel healthy and younger, look it too...

Edited by Basbear