• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does Tepper keep Fitt and let him hire his own coach?

NAS

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You said you didn't want to trust Tepper with making the HC hire. Tepper hired Fitts. With the heavy input of Matt Rhule.

That's reality. The rest is pure copium.

As someone who chronicled pretty much every step of the GM search, I can tell you that wasn't how it went.

Edited by Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

The whole legion of Boom hates Wilson and everything that has happened since they got let go one by one. Only reason the Seahawks were even relevant in the last 20 years or however long, don't care to look it up

They were setup to be the next dynasty and then crumbled.  There's a lot of interpersonal issues at play there, but I have not been impressed by the management of that team since drafting Russ and Bobby Wagner.

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

As someone who chronicled pretty much every step of the GM search, I can tell you that wasn't how it went.

Okay...

You went through these same motions with Gettleman. It's alright man. Sometimes we get excited about hirings/draftings/signings and they end up sucking. It happens. You don't have to keep blindly defending them for years.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Okay...

You went through these same motions with Gettleman. It's alright man. Sometimes we get excited about hirings/draftings/signings and they end up sucking. It happens. You don't have to keep blindly defending them for years.

Dude, you're not even talking about Fitterer at this point.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Dude, you're not even talking about Fitterer at this point.

I'm still waiting for anyone to make an argument other than "he might not suck if not for Matt Rhule". That's the entire crux of the defense. He's been wheeling and dealing and we're fielding trash, our cap situation next year is trash, our draft capital situation is trash. How much further down a hell hole do y'all really need to watch this franchise plummet?

• Pie 2

So far the best arguments I've heard is Tepper sucks at hiring and Dan Morgan likes Fitterer.  I'm not sure those are good enough reasons to give Fitterer the next ~3 years of this team's future.  After that time, we'll likely be in the same exact spot we are now.  Might as well go ahead pull the plug, start over, and roll the dice now.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm still waiting for anyone to make an argument other than "he might not suck if not for Matt Rhule". That's the entire crux of the defense. He's been wheeling and dealing and we're fielding trash. How much further down a hell hole do y'all really need to watch this franchise plummet?

We're watching a team that's run by a college coach fielding a mostly college staff running college schemes in the pros.

Knowing that, I'm no more ready to clean out the personnel department than I am to gut the roster and give up on pics like Jaycee Horn.

2 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

So far the best arguments I've heard is Tepper sucks at hiring and Dan Morgan likes Fitterer.  I'm not sure those are good enough reasons to give Fitterer the next ~3 years of this team's future.  After that time, we'll likely be in the same exact spot we are now.  Might as well go ahead pull the plug, start over, and roll the dice now.

Put everything in Tepper's hands and you may as well be rolling the dice.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

We're watching a team that's run by a college coach fielding a mostly college staff running college schemes in the pros.

Knowing that, I'm no more ready to clean out the personnel department than I am to gut the roster and give up on pics like Jaycee Horn.

Thanks for confirming. "He might not suck if not for Matt Rhule" is literally the entire defense.