• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let’s talk some Ickey at LT

mc52beast

3 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

honestly a lot of D line problems today were Baker refusing to step up into the pocket. 

In hindsight, although a lot of those plays he made looked really goofy and sometimes didn't pan out, I think Daniel Jones handled those pressures 1000x better than Baker in that he evaded the pressure and then would try to reset to wait as long as possible for a receiver to come open; sometimes they didnt, and he ended up throwing something horrible or just throwing it away a the last second.  Whereas Baker would evade the pressure and immediately started up field on a scramble, almost every time.  Those 3 and 4 yard gains ultimately are inconsequential.  Jones had multiple big conversions off the same broken plays by waiting for a pass.  

But again, I'm going to believe part of this is still getting comfortable in the offense, but even more so, especially on the off-schedule plays, it's a lack of reps and chemistry with the receivers, imo.

He played better than he did last week. I look for this trend to continue as he was seen as a relatively raw pass blocking LT out of college. He set out too wide for one play and got beat inside and the other was a missed pickup on a blitz. Both are just mental mistakes that will get corrected with experience. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

He looked pretty good outside of two mistakes. Slipped on one sack if I remember. Seems like people have an agenda on Ickey to be honest. Really improved over last game. I’m feeling good about his play. 

He looked way ahead of the other rookie Neal, RT for the giants.

• Beer 1