• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Other games

Mr. Scot

6 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Fwiw, when I mentioned Brady, I was mainly referring to his time with the Patriots.  Gronk was good, but generally speaking, their wide receiver/running back group over his last few years with the Pats didn't impress me that much.  I think Brady made some average guys look better than they were.  

I forget the year,(cause Brady has been playing soo long). But there was a playoff game and Pats just signed a couple street WRs and Brady went off.....I was soooo pissed. I think it was around 2012ish, his WR corps was street FAs, scrubs, and PS signees and HE made them looked like they been playing at a high level for the whole yr....

It did help big time that gonk came with him, OJ had no juice(glad panthers passed on him)...

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1

19 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I'm just saying, if we were willing to trade what was rumored for Watson, I don't see why we wouldn't offer the same for Lamar.  And imo, I actually think for some reason, Lamar would actually command less than Watson in the trade market.

I'm OK with the lack of playoff success because I think a lot of it has to do with their team construction.  

All that being said, I would much rather keep swinging at college guys until we hit, but considering we'll likely be in middle-first-round purgatory for the foreseeable future, we likely won't be getting our pick but rather what's left (See Matt Corral).  But, I admittedly am a fan of Lamar as a player, which is also what makes the idea of acquiring him exciting.

Would you want to count on the Panthers doing a better job of roster building than the Ravens?

12 minutes ago, Basbear said:

If you waste the picks, then its much better to use them for a proven QB. Just if you hit on picks, its the golden goose......great control player for cheap, its the best way to built a team.....just got to hit on them and thats the issue. You could look at recent panthers draft and would you trade - Horn, Brown, Ickey, TMJ(lols), Taylor, Tremble, and BSmith for lamar.....PLUS paying him 55+ sucking up cap space.....man its a tough sale for me, but I could be talked into it.....

Don't get me wrong, drafting is THE WAY.  If you hit on a rookie QB, there's no better way to build a team for cap and assets.  And rarely ever do real franchise QBs become available in the league.  But I agree, I would definitely entertain the idea for a guy like Lamar.  It more likely than not would be worth it.  Love some of the guys we have picked like Horn and Ickey, but I think it's a lot easier to find guys to plug in at those spots than a franchise QB.  And they're doing a good job of supporting my theory that even elite players that aren't QBs just don't make that much of a difference without the actual QB in place...  but obviously, as we know, coaching also plays a big part in team success.

• Beer 2

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Would you want to count on the Panthers doing a better job of roster building than the Ravens?

The Ravens are a hell of a organization, and were especially under Newsome.  That being said, I still believe in Fitterer and would like to see what he does free of Rhule's dumbass.  So I would be hopeful.