• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Other games

Mr. Scot

Oh wow. Teddy with a legit deep ball. Yeah, it was underthrown but Hill being one of the best deep ball receivers in the league finds a way to reel it in anyway.

I have no idea why the announcers are drooling over the throw and the arm strength. 😂

That was Tyreke Hill being Tyreke Hill. Teddy underthrowing him just made his job harder.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Oh wow. Teddy with a legit deep ball. Yeah, it was underthrown but Hill being one of the best deep ball receivers in the league finds a way to reel it in anyway.

I have no idea why the announcers are drooling over the throw and the arm strength. 😂

That was Tyreke Hill being Tyreke Hill. Teddy underthrowing him just made his job harder.

Yeah if you have Mahomes or Allen making that throw and it’s an easy touchdown.

Teddy is not bad.  I infamously said he "sucked" here, but again, that was relative, not a permanent state.  And I always liked him before he came here (excluding the Saints years obviously), going back to college.  He's a good guy snd a solid QB.  But I think a lot of our frustration with him was rooted in the team dumping Cam for him, the realization that the offense Rhule was trying to implement was not sexy, fun, or entertaining to watch and eventually would devolve into the current teainwreck we see now, and the fact that he was just so antithetical to what we had with Cam.  It was a bad spot to be in.

And obviously, had we known it was just going to get worse, I think most would've elected to just ride it out with Teddy until Rhule was fired anyway.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, exactlyzack said:

Yeah if you have Mahomes or Allen making that throw and it’s an easy touchdown.

Let's be real here. That was Teddy Bridgewater who I never saw him throw a ball that far in his life. I thought he must have heard the concerns about his arm strength and actually got stronger and added some muscle. I always thought he was too spindly not to get hurt.

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Teddy is not bad.  I infamously said he "sucked" here, but again, that was relative, not a permanent state.  And I always liked him before he came here (excluding the Saints years obviously), going back to college.  He's a good guy snd a solid QB.  But I think a lot of our frustration with him was rooted in the team dumping Cam for him, the realization that the offense Rhule was trying to implement was not sexy, fun, or entertaining to watch and eventually would devolve into the current teainwreck we see now, and the fact that he was just so antithetical to what we had with Cam.  It was a bad spot to be in.

And obviously, had we known it was just going to get worse, I think most would've elected to just ride it out with Teddy until Rhule was fired anyway.

Don't get me wrong, Teddy is by no means an ideal franchise QB or a guy who will win you a SB in my opinion. But he's an adequate starter ala Alex Smith with the Chiefs. As we saw from his success in NO under Payton when Brees was hurt. I wonder if Teddy could be a stopgap option to come back here IF we were to get Payton (we're almost certainly not going to, but it's been reported Tepper may be interested). Would make a lot of sense on paper if we got SP. Sign Teddy as bridge/veteran competition for a rookie QB that SP handpicks.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I have two entirely differing opinions on Teddy. One, Teddy sucks. Two, Teddy is a decent game manager.

One is the result of dumping our former MVP QB to name Teddy our newly anointed starter. But seriously, Teddy is an extremely underwhelming starter.

Two is Teddy as a backup QB. He's pretty much exactly what you want in a veteran backup. He's going to go out there, make the safe plays and not do anything to cost you the game. He's going to allow your team to win the games it should but he won't win you any that you shouldn't.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I have two entirely differing opinions on Teddy. One, Teddy sucks. Two, Teddy is a decent game manager.

One is the result of dumping our former MVP QB to name Teddy our newly anointed starter. But seriously, Teddy is an extremely underwhelming starter.

Two is Teddy as a backup QB. He's pretty much exactly what you want in a veteran backup. He's going to go out there, make the safe plays and not do anything to cost you the game. He's going to allow your team to win the games it should but he won't win you any that you shouldn't.

Yeah, that's pretty much where I'm at with him.  But it's pretty sobering when acknowledging that's how we feel about him now, and yet, over the last three years they've brought in a QB that performs even worse than he did in year one under Rhule (not counting Cam).  Man, it's been quite the slow, painful fall...

• Beer 1