• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Other games

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

No doubt about it. Rhule couldn't handle Teddy not falling in line as a "yes man"

When he kinda threw the staff under the bus late in the season that was it for him in Carolina. The ton from the organization regarding Teddy shifted immediately. Meanwhile, Rhule will toss players under the bus left and right when he himself has accomplished nothing in the NFL.

If I had to choose Teddy with an elite staff or Rhule with an elite QB, I'd lick Teddy all day everyday.

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I didnt think I was alone in saying in 28 years of playing and watching football that I never saw someone seize up like that as quick as he did, for as long as he did, and Tony Gonzalez just said the same thing...  scary stuff.  I really hope he's able to fully recover.

I was at the Luke concussion game where he started crying uncontrollably because of a concussion. Scary stuff. My kids ain’t playing tackle football. 

• Pie 1

And I'm not a doctor. But had read up on this before...  and this would be my guess as to what happened:

Spinal cord concussion is a transient disturbance of spinal cord function, with or without vertebral damage and no demonstrable pathologic changes, that results from a rapid change in velocity following trauma, and resolves within 48 hours.

12 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Mike McDaniel looks like a squirmer when it comes to the Tua questions that will be coming this week.

day by day the rookie HC's realize how god awful toxic the media is. His time is coming really soon. McDaniel is a great coach though, he's the kind of guy I want to lead our team. Offense please, not defense not matt rhule GM of every thing, a fuging OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR. 

3 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I didnt think I was alone in saying in 28 years of playing and watching football that I never saw someone seize up like that as quick as he did, for as long as he did, and Tony Gonzalez just said the same thing...  scary stuff.  I really hope he's able to fully recover.

I guess it's just different for me as a fight fan. It's not a common response to a head injury but it's not rare either.

5 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

I was at the Luke concussion game where he started crying uncontrollably because of a concussion. Scary stuff. My kids ain’t playing tackle football. 

I wanted my sons to play, but my wife has been really against it...  but the more time that has gone on, I haven't fought her on it, and I guess there's a reason for that, and it has and always will be my favorite sport even though I excelled more at basketball...  I'm guessing I'll leave it to my sons to decide if they want to play when they get to high school, but again, I'm not pushing it.

And about Luke, I'll never forget watching that on TV live and it was definitely one of those moments that made you question how long the sport can last as-is and if its actually sustainable.  It truly is a gladiator sport, with long-term implications for those who play it.  And then I remember reading here after he retired that someone who knew someone in the org said the reason he was crying was because he temporarily went blind on the field.  That is some of the scariest poo imaginable.

6 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

And I'm not a doctor. But had read up on this before...  and this would be my guess as to what happened:

Spinal cord concussion is a transient disturbance of spinal cord function, with or without vertebral damage and no demonstrable pathologic changes, that results from a rapid change in velocity following trauma, and resolves within 48 hours.

Nah, just a run of the mill concussion. A lot of the time it's not the hit so much as it is the brain getting sloshed around inside the skull. He basically got his head whiplashed off the turf there. And let's be real, he's still recovering from last week's concussion making him far more prone to another one.

• Pie 3