• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Offensive Struggles. That's the title.

AlphabetsEnd

The offense looks unpracticed, can't get any chemistry, is very streaky, kills drives with drops and penalties, can't get players involved, the play calling is predictable and streaky (3 runs, 3 passes, etc.) 

Mayfield, who I watched during his entire time in Cleveland, is playing worse/less comfortably in this offense than even in CLE during his injury year last year (2021). 

The Offensive like "looked" bad again today, but was it? I'd have to watch a replay today. 

Is this bad scheme? Poor execution? Is Mayfield in his head? Not enough time to develop together?

Personally, I think this is what happens when you bring in a new QB two months too late, draw out a QB competition, preventing QB/WR chemistry and don't give the offensive line time to gel. Also, when you don't mix pass/run in a drive. 

There seems to be no trust on the offensive side of the ball, between QB and line, and no chemistry between QB + receivers. 

On the upside, the run defense looked much better.