• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watching the game out of market?

tukafan21

25 minutes ago, PanthersATL said:

Good thing Igo doesn’t want this board shut down by people sharing how to circumvent the NFL copyright on their productiions.

That has happened to other discussion boards.

Or maybe the NFL shouldn’t have been beyond stupid with their direct tv deal.

I would gladly pay for a yearly service to watch the games, but I’m not going to get a terrible tv service just to have the ability to then pay more on top for the NFL package.

Same thing as last week too, ended up finding something that worked for the first 3 quarters and now can’t get anything to work in the 4th.

This isn’t like avoiding paying for PPV’s, it’s on the NFL for being stupid, in this day and age there should be a service for anyone to buy a season pass regardless of what TV provider you have.

14 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Or maybe the NFL shouldn’t have been beyond stupid with their direct tv deal.

I would gladly pay for a yearly service to watch the games, but I’m not going to get a terrible tv service just to have the ability to then pay more on top for the NFL package.

Same thing as last week too, ended up finding something that worked for the first 3 quarters and now can’t get anything to work in the 4th.

This isn’t like avoiding paying for PPV’s, it’s on the NFL for being stupid, in this day and age there should be a service for anyone to buy a season pass regardless of what TV provider you have.

Which will be next year. 

5 minutes ago, PanthersATL said:

Which will be next year. 

Oh I know, and I can't wait for that, it's going to be glorious

I understand things like the UFC cracking down on illegal streams, that's a PPV that anyone can go out and pay for if they want to watch.

But the NFL is a different story, they screwed up and agreed to a bad deal years ago.  At this point, nobody is signing up for Direct TV solely for the NFL package, they already have it or they don't, so just let streamers stream so fans can watch their teams play if they live out of market.

I used to go to the bar every sunday, but once Covid hit that changed things and streaming had been fine the last few years, but this year it's just not working well, it sucks.