• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Goodbye to the 2000's- The worst decade in a post WWII world.

John Fox

Ok, so here's what I don't understand. They know the world is ending, so to prevent a panic, they keep it under wraps and build a handful of arks to save the few people who know about it. OK. But if the did tell everyone, couldn't they have built a shiz-ton of arks and saved almost everyone?

Really?

The 30's had the Great Depression.

The 40's had a monster war.

The 50's had the Cold War, Nuclear escalation, the Korean war and the birth of suburban hell :)

The 60's had hippies and Vietnam and the continuing cold war, and assassinations out the yang.

The 70's had Nixon, the birth of me, and disco

The 80's rocked. Don't go there.

The 90's. Ugh. I pretty much went in to an academic cloister for most of the 90's so I have no idea. But I'm pretty sure the music sucked. The economy was fun.

I think the worst decade stuff is a load of crap.

Even with the "post WWII" qualifier.

Ok, so here's what I don't understand. They know the world is ending, so to prevent a panic, they keep it under wraps and build a handful of arks to save the few people who know about it. OK. But if the did tell everyone, couldn't they have built a shiz-ton of arks and saved almost everyone?

thats a lot of arks...6 billion people? it would take a long time to build enough for that? and a lot are homeless, in prison..etc...they just want the rich billionaires on it..who knows...I know one thing...I dont think my savings is going to cover the 1billion dollar mark...but lets see if all of us huddlers might be able to put our monies together and see if we can do it!!...just give me all the money and I will make sure and keep it safe!!

Well obviously we don't save the prisoners, homeless, gingers, scientologists, terminally ill and others who can't or shouldn't perpetuate the species. That knocks it down to like 5 billion, right there. And we don't need to build an ark, per se. I bet if the Huddle pooled it's money together we could make a seaworthy vessel on a budget.

The S.S. Zod

economyboat.jpg

The S.S. Delhomme... which didn't fare as well

Sunken%20Ship.JPG

Well obviously we don't save the prisoners, homeless, gingers, scientologists, terminally ill and others who can't or shouldn't perpetuate the species. That knocks it down to like 5 billion, right there. And we don't need to build an ark, per se. I bet if the Huddle pooled it's money together we could make a seaworthy vessel on a budget.

The S.S. Zod

economyboat.jpg

The S.S. Delhomme... which didn't fare as well

Sunken%20Ship.JPG

I got shotgun on the Zod

.....that didnt sound right.....

Yep...and in this environment is where I hit adulthood; it can't be good for the human psyche when one of your most tangible memories is watching the Sept. 11 footage in sixth grade.

That's when I saw the footage as well. I was in sixth grade geography when I saw it.

Really?

The 30's had the Great Depression.

The 40's had a monster war.

The 50's had the Cold War, Nuclear escalation, the Korean war and the birth of suburban hell :)

The 60's had hippies and Vietnam and the continuing cold war, and assassinations out the yang.

The 70's had Nixon, the birth of me, and disco

The 80's rocked. Don't go there.

The 90's. Ugh. I pretty much went in to an academic cloister for most of the 90's so I have no idea. But I'm pretty sure the music sucked. The economy was fun.

I think the worst decade stuff is a load of crap.

Even with the "post WWII" qualifier.

The teens: WW1, the Titantic, giving women the right to vote

Archived