• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sean Payton explains a winning game plan in the NFL 100% contradictory to what Matt Rhule is trying to do.

thunderraiden

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

That's good coaching.  And we got to see him whoop our ass with it almost the entire time he was in the division.  

Man, I really hope we can Rhule and hire him.  I hate the dude, but I want to love him.🤣

you're hated when ur good...so.... hes a talent evaluator and player motivator....not to mention...hes stratospheres ahead of fhule just in his left pinky ....

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, CRA said:

Just becomes about self-preservation.  It's what coaches do.  Fire the OL coach.  Bench the QB.  Find something to buy you another week and not get fired in season.  

You are absolutely right.  And let us not forget this gem of desperation:

"With the 2017 season already down the drain and his fate as head coach likely determined, Ben McAdoo decided to bench New York Giants great Eli Manning with just five games remaining.

It was a move of desperation and one that has become a stain on not just Manning’s career, but in the history of the Giants as a whole."

https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2021/09/26/ben-mcadoo-benching-new-york-giants-eli-manning-didnt-sit-well-cooper/

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I'm not so sure. Jerry Jones wants to run that franchise on whatever whim he feels like atm. That doesn't strike me as very compatible with Payton.

Jones is a yoyo on coaching hires.

He hires a strong, successful coach and then drives him off.  He then follows that up with a yes-man, and then when that fails and he takes flack for hiring yes-men to stroke his ego rather than win, he looks for another big name.

Had McCarthy been successful, his pattern would be back to a yes-man.  But McCarthy was always over-rated, things haven't improved, and in fact are looking worse.

What will Jerry do next?  Tune in tomorrow for more on "As the Stomach Turns."

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Jones is a yoyo on coaching hires.

He hires a strong, successful coach and then drives him off.  He then follows that up with a yes-man, and then when that fails and he takes flack for hiring yes-men to stroke his ego rather than win, he looks for another big name.

Had McCarthy been successful, his pattern would be back to a yes-man.  But McCarthy was always over-rated, things haven't improved, and in fact are looking worse.

What will Jerry do next?  Tune in tomorrow for more on "As the Stomach Turns."

You wanna know how good Aaron Rodgers was/is?

Just look at Mike McCarthy without Aaron Rodgers. You can do this same thought exercise with Ron Rivera/Cam Newton.

• Pie 1