• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CBS pointed out how bad things are yesterday while including a good picture of a confused looking Rhule

jayboogieman

I don't think Tepper has any idea what to do about this mess.  He is not used to organizational decisions coming under public scrutiny and criticism.

Running a hedge fund is no easy task, and it takes thick skin and smarts to pull off.  But those are not the same smarts it takes to be the owner of an NFL franchise.

2 hours ago, 45catfan said:

I would love to get back to mediocrity!  That's what we had with Jerry Richardson and Fox/Rivera.  That said, any interim coach isn't the answer, but damn, at least I can get excited about game days again.  I honestly can't remember being as apathetic about an opening game as I was yesterday. 

Getting to the SB and winning your division is not mediocrity.

We wanted the next step which was a dynasty and that takes patience while moving on from a Fox for a Rivera for a... McDermott. Going for a proven winning NFL coach like McDermott, McVay, Daboll, Leftwich, Payton, Harbaugh, O'Connell, or Reid was always the play. Hold a coach like Rivera until you know you can land one of them or Rivera declines by winning 6 or fewer games in back to back seasons.

When you have a tier 3 coach like Rivera or Fox, you don't drop them for a coach that could easily be bottom tier and owned by the entire league. The hope was Rivera would be a step up from Fox. He turned out to be the same level of head coach - above average to good, but not great.