• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pre-Game News: Week 1

Mr. Scot

21 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:
So yes, Bradley Bozeman is not on the injury report and is said to be "ready to go"...

...but Pat Elflein is starting.

I'm just going with the hope here that due to the few weeks of injury, Boze just isn't back up to game speed yet, and they'll take the next few practices to get him there before he takes the starting center spot back. I figure, it's either we trust Campen or we don't, since he most likely suggests/decides the starting line up for his unit.

Of course, he could always have just been OverRhuled (tm) here, but for a head coach that's most likely fighting for his job this year that would not only set a bad tone for the rest of the staff to hear, it would be a pretty nonsensical move not to listen to a guy with that much experience in his wheelhouse as Campen has.

Admittedly, not outside the ballpark for our HC, but I'm optimistic that Rhule isn't quite that stupid. 

Edited by Raskle
  • Pie 2

50 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I see we stopped the Friday walk through/Saturday full practice bullshit from last year. McAdoo probably told Rhule that was a horrible idea. I could be wrong but I doubt many teams do a full practice 24 hours before kickoff

wait what... we were doing full practices on Saturday? I dont recall reading this. Send my way.. that is insane.

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

wait what... we were doing full practices on Saturday? I dont recall reading this. Send my way.. that is insane.

It was always in little tweets the last two seasons. Kinda the same BS as not practicing red zone that Teddy mentioned. He got some NFL coaches to finally show him what NFL teams do

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Maybe they thought giving a young team a walk through Friday and an actual practice Saturday was better for them being ready on game day? Obviously not physically but mentally? I dunno, just glad it seems like he's listening to the actual NFL coaches this year and we can limit his involvement to managing time outs and challenge flags

5 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Maybe they thought giving a young team a walk through Friday and an actual practice Saturday was better for them being ready on game day? Obviously not physically but mentally? I dunno, just glad it seems like he's listening to the actual NFL coaches this year and we can limit his involvement to managing time outs and challenge flags

thats insane... you'd think you want players to be 100% on Sunday. Im not sure what those practices entailed.. maybe they were non contact, but if they were full practices on a Saturday... i dont think ive ever seen that before

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

thats insane... you'd think you want players to be 100% on Sunday. Im not sure what those practices entailed.. maybe they were non contact, but if they were full practices on a Saturday... i dont think ive ever seen that before

Yeah even injury scares, "We'll see how they look after Saturday". Like that's enough time to decide if someone was ready to play Sunday afternoon

26 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Just another example of rhule trying to reinvent the wheel to appear smarter than everyone else. I don’t understand how somebody this inept made it into a decision making role in a  competitive setting. 

• Beer 2