• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Practice squad signings

Mr. Scot

9 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Theres go the best true play making free safety.....

It still is very telling that Rhule went from saying KRob should've gotten a look much sooner in the season as a starter last year once things had got out of hand and he played him, to him barely getting burn with 3s in the preseason, then getting cut, signed to PS, and cut again.

I said it during the Pats practices, but he clearly just did not like him and didn't want to play him over his guys.  Look, I liked what we saw early from Sam Franklin, but outside of ST, the more he played, the more he got exposed.  And I don't think Chandler should even be on an active 53.  He just isn't very good.  But they're Rhule's guys.  And when healthy, Burris started the last two years, and now he's cut.  It makes very little sense...  I didn't really care for Burris, but my point is, they supposedly thought he was better than Franklin, Chandler, and KRob the last two years, and now he's suddenly not.  And they think Franklin and Chandler are better than KRob, even though Rhule admitted he had a bright future and should've gotten more PT before he finally gave it to him at the end of last season...  and now he's gone.  And as I've said before, it's crazy, because he has always produced snd Mads big plays when he was given the opportunities.  So either it's Rhule's extreme loyalty to his guys, or KRob has an off-field issue like attitude or something, but I never got that vibe off of him from all that we know.  I just think they kept him around because of familiarity.

• Beer 1

23 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

It still is very telling that Rhule went from saying KRob should've gotten a look much sooner in the season as a starter last year once things had got out of hand and he played him, to him barely getting burn with 3s in the preseason, then getting cut, signed to PS, and cut again.

I said it during the Pats practices, but he clearly just did not like him and didn't want to play him over his guys.  Look, I liked what we saw early from Sam Franklin, but outside of ST, the more he played, the more he got exposed.  And I don't think Chandler should even be on an active 53.  He just isn't very good.  But they're Rhule's guys.  And when healthy, Burris started the last two years, and now he's cut.  It makes very little sense...  I didn't really care for Burris, but my point is, they supposedly thought he was better than Franklin, Chandler, and KRob the last two years, and now he's suddenly not.  And they think Franklin and Chandler are better than KRob, even though Rhule admitted he had a bright future and should've gotten more PT before he finally gave it to him at the end of last season...  and now he's gone.  And as I've said before, it's crazy, because he has always produced snd Mads big plays when he was given the opportunities.  So either it's Rhule's extreme loyalty to his guys, or KRob has an off-field issue like attitude or something, but I never got that vibe off of him from all that we know.  I just think they kept him around because of familiarity.

Dam diddy, we are on the same safety wave link. Im a big Sam Franklin fan, but not at Safety(more LB/footballer/STer). Chandler being on the roster is the current biggest joke. Hes not even good at ST, forget about DB duties.... Burris has quite the change in his career. Rhule/crew blessed him with a 2 yr 8 mill deal, thinking "hes someone entering prime blah balh" He played it out, NO other teams gave him a biden sniff this off-season. Coming back on a minimum type and gets cut for the 53. Now Woods enters at a HIGH safety salary, all the gang been doing is brag on his communication skills especially with Chinn... Funny cause I think its Rhule communicating with KRob is the issue. Im sure Rhule hated him cause he was out to make a game changing play. JC horn even said hes the hardest hitting DB, thats also a part of playing safety.....You need to send a message......and KRod was good at that, along with setting up/baiting QBs..... All the safetys in camp were above the choosen Chandler, BS....

• Flames 1

16 hours ago, Basbear said:

Dam diddy, we are on the same safety wave link. Im a big Sam Franklin fan, but not at Safety(more LB/footballer/STer). Chandler being on the roster is the current biggest joke. Hes not even good at ST, forget about DB duties.... Burris has quite the change in his career. Rhule/crew blessed him with a 2 yr 8 mill deal, thinking "hes someone entering prime blah balh" He played it out, NO other teams gave him a biden sniff this off-season. Coming back on a minimum type and gets cut for the 53. Now Woods enters at a HIGH safety salary, all the gang been doing is brag on his communication skills especially with Chinn... Funny cause I think its Rhule communicating with KRob is the issue. Im sure Rhule hated him cause he was out to make a game changing play. JC horn even said hes the hardest hitting DB, thats also a part of playing safety.....You need to send a message......and KRod was good at that, along with setting up/baiting QBs..... All the safetys in camp were above the choosen Chandler, BS....

Agreed 100%.  It sucks, because KRob was, imo, from out of the 4 guys we're discussing here, thr best pure playmaker out of all them.  Naturally.  And as you said, Jaycee even said he was thr hardest hitting DB we had.  I just don't understand why you wouldn't want that guy and find a spot for him on your team.  I had been watching him since the XFL and wanted us to draft him, so when we did, I was ecstatic...  but, man, it is clear, Rhule never liked him...  can't wait to see more of Chandler getting abused.  And again, how telling is it that they forced Burris into being a starter since we signed him and kept trying to sell us on his versatility and such, and he ends up getting cut and then signed back on the PS, at his age and experience level.  That tells us all we need to know about what the rest of the NFL thinks of him.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1