• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trade for wide receiver Laviska Shenault

joemac

6 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I've been following Shenault since his years at colorado. The guy when used correctly can be as elite as Deebo. The post above has an awesome video of what he brings to the position you rarely see in a single WR.

He is seriously a really talented young player.  Didn’t get enough targets down in Jax and can legit play RB…like full time.  This guy is a physical player

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I've been following Shenault since his years at colorado. The guy when used correctly can be as elite as Deebo. The post above has an awesome video of what he brings to the position you rarely see in a single WR.

That would be spectacular if we got a Deebo Samuel tier weapon from the Jaguars for peanuts but the odds with these kinds of trades say it will be somewhere in between if that. The familiarity he has with McAdoo and working with Baker is enough to feel pretty good about it but it all depends on how he puts it together after his last team gave up on him.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

That would be spectacular if we got a Deebo Samuel tier weapon from the Jaguars for peanuts but the odds with these kinds of trades say it will be somewhere in between if that. The familiarity he has with McAdoo and working with Baker is enough to feel pretty good about it but it all depends on how he puts it together after his last team gave up on him.

His best year as a rookie he was basically only used in Deebo style routes and lining up out of the backfield. This past year, Urban tried to covert him to a possession receiver. If you watch footage from 2021 and compared to 2020 you will see a heavy difference in his route assignments. My only assumption to why the current coaching staff gave up on him would be no ties to him and they spent a ton of capital this offseason bringing receivers in. This would include the ludicrous contract they gave Christian Kirk

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 1

23 minutes ago, frankw said:

If you read up on Twitter the takes from Jags fans who know all about him it's a mixed bag and this is just part of that full picture he hasn't missed many games because he's only 23 but he's been banged up. This is a boom or bust trade and for a late rounder I'm obviously fine with it but I'm not going to put blinders on and assume every Jags fan is being a hater ya know.

You're right, the Jags fans don't think much of him.   From what I read it's because of his drops last year, many on 3rd down.   

Just now, TheCasillas said:

His best year as a rookie he was basically only used in Deebo style routes and lining up out of the backfield. This past year, Urban tried to covert him to a possession receiver. If you watch footage from 2021 and compared to 2020 you will see a heavy difference in his route assignments. My only assumption to why the current FO gave up on him would be no ties to him and they spent a ton of capital this offseason bringing receivers in. This would include the ludicrous contract they gave Christian Kirk

You are spot on and any team that has Urban Meyer mentioned is suspect.  LS is a dynamic player and 23.  It’s all up to him but this trade is a steal.  I still love the CJ trade as well.  Great work by Fitty

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

in 2020 Diontae Johnson led the league in dropped balls and now he makes 18mil per year

Well lets hope Shenault, Robby, Thomas and Chuba shake off whatever yips they have, like Johnson did.  I think there's hope for the first 3.  I'm not so sure with Chuba.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Well lets hope Shenault, Robby, Thomas and Chuba shake off whatever yips they have, like Johnson did.  I think there's hope for the first 3.  I'm not so sure with Chuba.

yea... id just rather chuba only touch the ball 1-2x per game and not run a single passing route.

just thought some of ya'll would like to hear about some of his flaws. I think used right it could be a great pickup. Interesting he doesn't play ST's at all tho.

EDIT: Despite the thumbnail the guy isn't a lunatic and is pretty informative 

Edited by RJK
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1