• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If TMJ Has under 400 yards receiving this year we....

TheoJay10

What happens after year 2 of TMJ's career if he yet again puts up a stinker or non existent effort? I liked the pick for the potential but something felt weird about him being available there in the second and every draft pundit calling it a steal, it was too good to be true. 

42 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Based on what we've seen so far and where he should be on the depth chart based on other guys simply playing better, anything close to 400 yards would be surprising. Baker is gonna have to throw for 4000+ for TMJ to have 400 yards.

yeah at this point he's at best 4th behind Shi. 

dunno whats if its stuff happening behind the scenes or if he's just getting outplayed or what

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

dunno whats if its stuff happening behind the scenes or if he's just getting outplayed or what

He's been hampered by injuries and when Brady got fired his biggest supporter on the staff likely left the building. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

24 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

He got lots of snaps, QB's just don't throw his way. His LSU style doesn't seem to translate to the NFL 

Although he played in 43 offensive snaps, 12 more than the next closest Panther, Marshall Jr. finished with zero receptions on just one target. Hopefully, he did the little things right on tape to provide some assurance to the coaching staff.

Shi Smith, on the other hand, took another big step forward in the wideout room. Smith recorded 32 yards and a touchdown on three receptions over 22 offensive snaps.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

He got lots of snaps, QB's just don't throw his way. His LSU style doesn't seem to translate to the NFL 

Although he played in 43 offensive snaps, 12 more than the next closest Panther, Marshall Jr. finished with zero receptions on just one target. Hopefully, he did the little things right on tape to provide some assurance to the coaching staff.

Shi Smith, on the other hand, took another big step forward in the wideout room. Smith recorded 32 yards and a touchdown on three receptions over 22 offensive snaps.

That extends to last year, as well. He appeared in 48% of all offensive snaps last season(including 3 starts) and generated just 17 receptions for 138 yds and 0 TD's.

Consider how many QB's this guy has had throwing to him thus far in just a year span and he isn't often targeted. That's definitely not a good sign.

I think the play that he slipped on a route and fell, while Shi Smith got open for a TD was basically a microcosm of his career so far.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 4

But yeah I'm worried

Especially since the team is interested in Denzel Mims if he's cut by NY and predraft you'd think Terrace was the better prospect. Not sure if it's just lack of opportunities so far or what but can't help but understand anyone who's concerned he might just not be able to get open. Like  it felt like the other night was a prime opportunity to show he can play and it was ALL Shi, who looks like a good player. 

Edited by ImaginaryKev

6 hours ago, ImaginaryKev said:

But yeah I'm worried

Especially since the team is interested in Denzel Mims if he's cut by NY and predraft you'd think Terrace was the better prospect. Not sure if it's just lack of opportunities so far or what but can't help but understand anyone who's concerned he might just not be able to get open. Like  it felt like the other night was a prime opportunity to show he can play and it was ALL Shi, who looks like a good player. 

I don't know, the guy played 48% of all offensive snaps last year and started three games but has literally produced next to nothing. His crowning career achievement has been the 7 first downs he has garnered in 13 games. I mean...that's literally it.

10-15 years ago when it was common for WR's to struggle early in their careers, I wouldn't be as concerned. But in recent memory rookie WR's have been making big contributions. 

Even now in year two TMJ is fading away, while a player like Shi Smith is showing he should be seeing the field.

• Beer 2