• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam update?

Panthers Fan 69

36 minutes ago, Adb6368 said:

Let’s keep clowning the guy. That’s productive. 

Wait.

We're fans of a pro football team posting to a message board on the internet.

Has productivity somehow become part of our expectation?

I thought the training manual said we were only required to voice opinions loudly and belligerently.

I might need a transfer.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Not trying to beat the guy down but he is really unplayable. Wildcat is probably more productive than what we saw last year. The wasted cap he represents is just the burden of a terrible decision to pull the trigger on a contract decision that they should have sat on given the circumstances. 

Rhule loves him some PJ. Problem solved lol

3 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Sucks we have to keep 3 qb's on the 53, otherwise can't IR him. Someone good might not clear waivers after getting temporarily cut

Initial roster you have to keep him, but you can make a claim(panthers will/should) on other teams 53 cut, then you can place him on IR. 

30 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

4-6 weeks

congratulations to PJ TRASH WALKER for making it as our #2

At this rate PJ will be starting week 1...

8 hours ago, Billy Love said:

PJ Walker being the #2 QB does not give me the warm and fuzzy feeling for the 2022 season. PJ is 100% Here because of Rhule,

Well considering what we fielded at backup QB this offseason, anything past Mayfield was always going to be bad news. 

I don't think Darnold, PJ or Corral would have been capable of winning many games.

Given that fact, PJ probably isn't the worst of those options. He might even be the best of them.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

On 8/28/2022 at 1:46 AM, kungfoodude said:

Well considering what we fielded at backup QB this offseason, anything past Mayfield was always going to be bad news. 

I don't think Darnold, PJ or Corral would have been capable of winning many games.

Given that fact, PJ probably isn't the worst of those options. He might even be the best of them.

The only thing those 3 guarantee is a shot at getting an actual Top QB Prospect in the next draft if we had to depend on them.

On 8/27/2022 at 11:46 PM, kungfoodude said:

Our backup QB position has been frightening since Anderson hung them up. 

We now have now two guys who statistically like to throw the ball to defenders.  Darnold ranked 30th worst last year in interception percentage, and his number last year was right at as his career average.  Walker's career number is twice Darnold's, and his best year (last year) made Darnold's 3.2% look like a good goal to improve to.