• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Buffalo to rest most starters (including Allen) vs Carolina in Preseason finale

jamos14

3 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Judging by how Rhules teams played against Oklahoma and Georgia I don't think he's the kinda coach they're looking for. 

He's got NFL experience. Recruiting will be on point because of that. He's grown a little. Not for NFL standards but he's grown. If he became Michigan's Coach id root for him. Here? No. You can't change what you can't change. He won't change.

5 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

I love Matt Rhule. He'd be an absolute GREAT coach for Michigan if Harbaugh came back to the NFL. I'm sincere. I really think he made the jump too quickly. Id take the money too. Not his fault.

His style definitely seems more college than NFL and I'm a fan of Harbaugh.  

8 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

I love Matt Rhule. He'd be an absolute GREAT coach for Michigan if Harbaugh came back to the NFL. I'm sincere. I really think he made the jump too quickly. Id take the money too. Not his fault.

Harbaugh and Rhule's resumes would be vastly different though.  Harbaugh got it done at both levels.  Rhule didn't.   Harbaugh was better in college and the pros.  Rhule flamed out in the NFL and was just an okay college coach. 

Rhule seems like a future ACC coach for like a Syracuse or something like that.  Michigan fans/alum I think would be unhappy

2 hours ago, jamos14 said:

The way Rhule decided to handle the preseason is frustrating to me and probably a lot of fans.     We (and his staff) won't get the chance of watching starters v starters in a preseason game environment.    If our starters struggle vs Buf backups, expect a poo storm in the media for 2 weeks.     This is the worst case scenario (outside of an injury).

I was really hoping to get a chance to evaluate our team against one of the best starting offensive/defensive units in the league.  

End rant.

The reality is,  once the NFL eliminated a preseason game, to add regular season game, the eliminated,  was the game where the starters play. 

Teams have to figure out their depth.  That's what preseason is about. 

Piss and moan all you want to, but teams all over the league are doing the same thing. 

1 hour ago, The Huddler said:

dude some of yall are complete turds

lmfao pretty funny. Only thing more hilarious than Rhule himself is logging onto the huddle and reading on here.  

Hey guys, meatloaf is ready. head upstairs!!

Rhule could do anything and a lot of you would just open the flood gates with hate and criticism

go the fug outside and get a breathe or fresh air.  Get out of your neck beard nest and put that urgency for improvement and apply that to your own lives. 

cause if you are on here bitching about Rhule all day on a weekday, 100% chance of not being a productive member of society

Sad, but true. 

• Flames 1

38 minutes ago, frankw said:

That's more like it. Teddy was on a higher end contract but it wasn't something that was going to hurt us for years. He was mediocre but if Matt had not panicked we would not have backed ourselves into a corner forcing the Darnold situation. This is all due to his own impatience and after much talk of a slow process rebuild initially too. All we have gotten the last two years is double talk and bad decisions followed in some cases by what become even worse decisions. So if all of this is true the criticism should not bother you.

The criticism does not bother me. I just don't believe he deserves as much he is getting. People are criticizing him because Buffalo is not playing their starters against ours 1s. lol wut? I don't think that's valid. That's the type of posts I poo.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Darknight said:

The criticism does not bother me. I just don't believe he deserves as much he is getting. People are criticizing him because Buffalo is not playing their starters against ours 1s. lol wut? I don't think that's valid. That's the type of posts I poo.

Well I'm just saying but the preseason overreaction thing with Panthers fans has been going on for years so yeah.

1 hour ago, frankw said:

If that's the case I haven't seen it. But if you made it through nine seasons of relentless personal barbs directed at Ron Rivera it's interesting you can't handle two seasons of criticism for Rhule who has yet to identify "his" quarterback capable of leading this team to success.

How the hell are you suppose to see it, frank, you only parrot what the masses say.  He's not going to hit you upside with a frying pan. 

Most people are capable of being critical, and then moving on. 

Maybe you should I uld try it sometime. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

It's common knowledge that teams usually play starters in game 2 (game 3 in 4 game preseason) so that starters have time to rest, and any injuries can either be mended or the gameplan can be adjusted. I don't know why our fans are shielding Rhule for this oddball decision to play starters int he last game of the preseason, giving him less time to adjust going into the first game of the regular season.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

3 hours ago, jamos14 said:

The way Rhule decided to handle the preseason is frustrating to me and probably a lot of fans.     We (and his staff) won't get the chance of watching starters v starters in a preseason game environment.    If our starters struggle vs Buf backups, expect a poo storm in the media for 2 weeks.     This is the worst case scenario (outside of an injury).

I was really hoping to get a chance to evaluate our team against one of the best starting offensive/defensive units in the league.  

End rant.

Why were you hoping to get a chance to evaluate? What is your opinion worth, to anyone? A multi-billion dollar business does not care one bit what you, as an individual, want to "evaluate".