• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tuesday practice tweets

Jackie Lee

You know, I hate to bitch and moan seemingly every practice thread, but again, it is just frustrating to see all of this concern for Bozeman now from our media guys.  Now obviously, I never want any of our guys injured, and we definitely want and need Bozeman back asap,so I hope he gets healthy quickly...  but I find it another example of an ongoing pattern that we discussed yesterday when it comes to Rhule.  Everyone was banging on the table for Bozeman to get reps as the starring center and wondering why he was still wasting time and reps on Elf.  He continued to play Elf.  Now, Bozeman is injured, and it's like the staff and media have all become lockstep in their concern for getting Bozeman back, seemingly signaling that it is his job when healthy.  It's mind boggling.  If that is the case, aside should have been from day 1 of camp, AGAIN, WHY TF WAS HE NOT GETTING THE STARTER REPS TO BEGIN WITH????  

This poo happens every year with Rhule and it is just maddening.  If you planned for him to be the guy, why did you waste time that couldve been spent building chemistry and continuity??  Idc if they lessened his role this year, Rhule really is a fuging idiot.  And it just sucks feeling like even if we win, we lose because it buys more time for said idiot.  I believe people can learn and change at any point in their lives, but they have to want to, and it's like he has learned absolutely nothing. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 7

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

You know, I hate to bitch and moan seemingly about everything in oractice threads, but again, it is just frustrating to see all of this concern for Bozeman now from our media guys.  Now obviously, I never want ant if our guys injured, and we definitely want and need Bozeman back asap,so I hope he gets healthy quickly...  but I find it another example of an ongoing pattern that we discussed yesterday when it comes to Rhule.  Everyone was banging on the table for Bozeman to get reps as the starring center and wondering why he was still wasting time and reps on Elf.  He continued to play Elf.  Now, Bozeman is injured, and it's like the staff and media have all become lockstep in their concern for getting Bozeman back, seemingly signaling that it is his job when healthy.  It's mind boggling.  If that is the case, aside should have been from day 1 of camp, AGAIN, WHY TF WAS HE NOT GETTING THE STARTER REPS TO BEGIN WITH????  

This poo happens every year with Rhule and it is just maddening.  If you planned for him to be the guy, why did you waste time that couldve been spent building chemistry and continuity??  Idc if they lessened his role this year, Rhule really is a fuging idiot.  And it just sucks feeling like even if we win, we lose because it buys more time for said idiot.  I believe people can learn and change at any point in their lives, but they have to want to, and it's like he has learned absolutely nothing. 

im not here to debate or ignite a fight. However, it was reported many times that Bozeman was the center that Baker took most of his snaps from before Bozeman went down with an injury. I believe this is a contributing factor to the bobbled snaps right now with Elf.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 3
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

im not here to debate or ignite a fight. However, it was reported many times that Bozeman was the center that Baker took most of his snaps from before Bozeman went down with an injury. I believe this is a contributing factor to the bobbled snaps right now with Elf.

I didnt recall hearing that.  Maybe while Baker was working with the second team, because throughout camp, Rhule ran Elf as the starring center for the majority of it from what I recall.

But no issue on my end.  I'm just speaking from what I've seen reported.  If you have info that counters that, I'm all for it.

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

You know, I hate to bitch and moan seemingly every practice thread, but again, it is just frustrating to see all of this concern for Bozeman now from our media guys.  Now obviously, I never want any of our guys injured, and we definitely want and need Bozeman back asap,so I hope he gets healthy quickly...  but I find it another example of an ongoing pattern that we discussed yesterday when it comes to Rhule.  Everyone was banging on the table for Bozeman to get reps as the starring center and wondering why he was still wasting time and reps on Elf.  He continued to play Elf.  Now, Bozeman is injured, and it's like the staff and media have all become lockstep in their concern for getting Bozeman back, seemingly signaling that it is his job when healthy.  It's mind boggling.  If that is the case, aside should have been from day 1 of camp, AGAIN, WHY TF WAS HE NOT GETTING THE STARTER REPS TO BEGIN WITH????  

Omg.. Really?? Smh

Now we mad because What again??

He wouldn't have gotten injured if he took all 1st team reps??

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I didnt recall hearing that.  Maybe while Baker was working with the second team, because throughout camp, Rhule ran Elf as the starring center for the majority of it from what I recall.

it was an ongoing discussion on this forum during the practice threads. There were photos to reinforce the conversations as well. Bozeman and Baker spent a lot of time together. Someone on here nailed it when they said that they felt it was intentional that baker and bozeman were with the twos to get used to each other while SD played with Elf.  The injury put a kink in the plans for bozeman to start.  I would assume Bozeman would have been the starting center at the same time we put ickey at LT and BC at LG, but the injury occurred.

edit: listening to the presser with rhule and he just said "Bozeman was the guy we intended to start at Center."

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 6
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2

8 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I'm guessing this is for our "starting" slot WR spot not outside opposite DJ, although from what I've seen he is making a real push to start across from DJ over Robbie in 2 wideout sets. He's been really good this offseason.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Just now, WOW!! said:

Omg.. Really?? Smh

Now we mad because What again??

He wouldn't have gotten injured if he took all 1st team reps??

No, the fact that he wasn't primarily running as the 1.  Then he got hurt, and now he and the bought and paid for Panthers media are all now sharing this urgency that we need him back bc he's the 1.  My point is, why was he not running with the 1s the whole camp and preseason, as he should've been.  Because now he's lost another week to three weeks to injury in addition to all of the reps he lost while healthy to that bum Elf.  And for what?  Rhule just loves playing these little games like it's something of significance or he's falling someone.  It's the same garbage he did with Baker and the QB comp, and the crap he did with Moton and the OL last preseason and camp.  It's just stupid.  It serves no purpose and all it does is hurt the team by not playing the guys where they should be to build chemistry with who they will be on the field with when it matters.

• Pie 1

Just now, t96 said:

I'm guessing this is for our "starting" slot WR spot not outside opposite DJ, although from what I've seen he is making a real push to start across from DJ over Robbie in 2 wideout sets. He's been really good this offseason.

Nice to know he's not on the bubble. Higgins should be a lock too, but no mention of him today good or bad

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

No, the fact that he wasn't primarily running as the 1.  Then he got hurt, and now he and the bought and paid for Panthers media are all now sharing this urgency that we need him back bc he's the 1.  My point is, why was he not running with the 1s the whole camp and preseason, as he should've been.  Because now he's lost another week to three weeks to injury in addition to all of the reps he lost while healthy to that bum Elf.  And for what?  Rhule just loves playing these little games like it's something of significance or he's falling someone.  It's the same garbage he did with Baker and the QB comp, and the crap he did with Moton and the OL last preseason and camp.  It's just stupid.  It serves no purpose and all it does is hurt the team by not playing the guys where they should be to build chemistry with who they will be on the field with when it matters.

But it was already said they were switching due to each QB getting comfortable with a Center.. Instaed of switching for chemistry purposes..

And a question is why isn't Campen catching any of this grief when it comes to Oline decision??

Edited by WOW!!
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 1