• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How Many of Rhule's Bear-Owls make the final 53?

45catfan

There are ten of them: seven Temple and three Baylor.  Anderson, Ioannidis and Roy are locks.  The rest are bubble guys or outright cuts.  They are: Tecklenburg, Barnes, Chandler, Frankllin, Kirkwood, Thompson and Walker.

I don't think Rhule will allow all of the fringe guys to be cut even though they probably should.  It's a security blanket with his Bear-Owls surrounding him.

I'll set the total number (including the three locks) at over/under 6.5 to make the final 53 man roster. 

Edited by 45catfan
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

Franklin, chandler and Barnes belong on the football team. I don’t care what college they went to. Franklin is probably our best special teams player now that Luvu has moved into the starting lineup. Chandler is solid depth at. Fs and SS. Barnes has potential and would get snagged if he went to the practice squad.

• Pie 4

7 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Franklin, chandler and Barnes belong on the football team. I don’t care what college they went to. Franklin is probably our best special teams player now that Luvu has moved into the starting lineup. Chandler is solid depth at. Fs and SS. Barnes has potential and would get snagged if he went to the practice squad.

I like Robinson over Chandler and we aren't keeping six safeties.  Hartsfield will take a safety spot.  Who is Barnes supplanting to be CB #5?  Taylor?  STO?  I don't see him sticking over both of those guys.  Let me rephrase, shouldn't stick over both of those guys.

Edited by 45catfan

10 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I like Robinson over Chandler and we aren't keeping six safeties.  Hartsfield will take a safety spot.  Who is Barnes supplanting to be CB #5?  Taylor?  STO?  I don't see him sticking over both of those guys.  Let me rephrase, shouldn't stick over both of those guys.

Yea it’s definitely a tough decision. I think the safety spot comes down to Franklin or Robinson. I think Burris might be the odd man out for the other safety spot and that willl allow both hartsfield and chandler. Barnes … to keep him, it would involve a tough decision. I just think he would get picked up off of the practice squad on speed alone. I also wouldn’t be surprised if we go 2 qbs and 6 cbs. 

17 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Yea it’s definitely a tough decision. I think the safety spot comes down to Franklin or Robinson. I think Burris might be the odd man out for the other safety spot and that willl allow both hartsfield and chandler. Barnes … to keep him, it would involve a tough decision. I just think he would get picked up off of the practice squad on speed alone. I also wouldn’t be surprised if we go 2 qbs and 6 cbs. 

I don't think we keep 11 DBs.  Plus, even if we do only keep two QBs, I think the extra spot goes to a WR.  The guys on the bubble at WR have more potential impact for the team than an extra corner.