• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Person: Panthers expected to name Baker Mayfield Week 1 starter.

hepcat

35 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

watch out grouchy old man Razor is going to lay the ban hammer down on those complaining about complaining

Idk how some of ya'll that complain about this place constantly don't recognize you've become just as if not more obnoxious than those you gripe about. Just accept we have been a low tier franchise the last few years and if we show some signs of improvement then you'll see a difference here.

• Beer 3

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

Idk how some of ya'll that complain about this place constantly don't recognize you've become just as if not more obnoxious than those you gripe about. Just accept we have been a low tier franchise the last few years and if we show some signs of improvement then you'll see a difference here.

hey bud, meat loaf is ready. head upstairs

27 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

1. He showed enough improvement and earn the trust of "James Campen " (a highly  respected Oline coach around the league) that the long term plan to have him at LT is viable now..

2. That's right the number 8th pick LT started at RT his rookie year.. And nobody was up in arms about him not being the Long term LT a year later then Ickey is now..

So let be realistic about the reason this is a issue with some of you now..  You trust Fox over Rhule which is okay and understandable.. But stop acting like some of you are rep experts and know how to run a TC for a pro NFL team...

3. I also Acknowledge that I don't know or have evidence of a major difference between 2weeks of shared reps and 4 weeks of all 1st reps or 6 weeks of 1st reps.. Neither do you.. So why are we  making a big deal about the affect of rep Distribution when we don't know the difference??

4. Exactly... But we still won't because it isn't a simple question to answer...

Example...

Cam shared reps all TC and Preseason then broke every record for Rookie QBS..

Clausen got Alot more 1st team reps his rookie season and sucked...

(I might be wrong about Clausen because I don't remember when Matt went down in preseason)

The Cam vs Clausen scenario is perfect.  I'm glad you thought of it.  It has amazed me the takes in here that if one third round qb looked good in the first game of preseason then somehow that meant that literally the only ways ours didnt was coaching.  There are infinite variables.

BAKER MAYFIELD

Stats (unofficial): 10 for 16, TD

Best throw: Mayfield fit a tight ball into a small window for Moore’s red-zone score. The pass dropped just underneath the goal post as Moore toe-tapped the end line.

Notable mistake: Most impressively, Mayfield did not turn the ball over during either practice against New England.

SAM DARNOLD

Stats (unofficial): 13 for 18, 2 TDs, 2 Int

It was his best drive of training camp. He completed 5 of 7 passes. Darnold scored with less than 90 seconds to play after starting on his own 30-yard line. But the irony is the drive should not have happened. Darnold’s initial two-minute drive began with an interception. On his very first play, Darnold dropped back and fired a quick hitch toward Moore. But it was intercepted by Patriots cornerback Jalen Mills, who sat on the route.

There are no mulligans on Sundays, but Rhule let Darnold start the drive over.

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article264612201.html#storylink=cpy

To the “there is no plan, we are all going to die” crowd. The plan all along was to announce the starter after the second pre season game. I don’t agree with the plan, but they actually had one. Same with Ickey.

I think they expect Baker to win the job from the get go, but wanted to see how he picked up the offense, interacted with team mates etc. Again, I think it took too long. But they had a plan in place that they stuck to. It’s not like they are just winging it on a daily basis.

Rhule deserves a lot of criticism, but everyone calm down a bit.

• Beer 1

28 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

1. He showed enough improvement and earn the trust of "James Campen " (a highly  respected Oline coach around the league) that the long term plan to have him at LT is viable now..

2. That's right the number 8th pick LT started at RT his rookie year.. And nobody was up in arms about him not being the Long term LT a year later then Ickey is now..

So let be realistic about the reason this is a issue with some of you now..  You trust Fox over Rhule which is okay and understandable.. But stop acting like some of you are rep experts and know how to run a TC for a pro NFL team...

3. I also Acknowledge that I don't know or have evidence of a major difference between 2weeks of shared reps and 4 weeks of all 1st reps or 6 weeks of 1st reps.. Neither do you.. So why are we  making a big deal about the affect of rep Distribution when we don't know the difference??

4. Exactly... But we still won't because it isn't a simple question to answer...

Example...

Cam shared reps all TC and Preseason then broke every record for Rookie QBS..

Clausen got Alot more 1st team reps his rookie season and sucked...

(I might be wrong about Clausen because I don't remember when Matt went down in preseason)

I wouldn't know how to direct a major motion picture, but that doesn't stop me from understanding that Tommy Wisesu is terrible at it.

Likewise, while I wouldn't be qualified to be an NFL head coach, that doesn't mean I can't recognize that Matt Rhule isn't either.

(frankly, I'm probably a lot better at judging bad football than I am bad movies)

Ask yourself this question: Why was Joe Brady fired? The answer of course is that he was neither qualified nor ready to take on the role of an NFL offensive coordinator. I look at the resumés of other, more successful OCs helps in understanding that.

In the same way, looking at Matt Rhule's career path helps shed light on his qualifications.

Combine that with a review of his results, especially if you've actually watched the games, and it's really not that hard a thing to figure out.

• Poo 1

3 hours ago, Randolph Panther said:

Darnold seems to be a really good sport about this.  I really appreciate his attitude.  

Yeah hes getting his 19 milly regardless, and I kinda get the vibe from Sam that he really doesn't want to play anyways. 4 straight years of being a national joke has gotta get to a guy after a while. 

1 minute ago, joemac said:

Yeah hes getting his 19 milly regardless, and I kinda get the vibe from Sam that he really doesn't want to play anyways. 4 straight years of being a national joke has gotta get to a guy after a while. 

I don't even think it's the money.

He's just genuinely a good dude.

(mind you, I'm sure the money helps) 😕

• Pie 2

10 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Matt Rhule announces open competition for the starting QB between Sam Darnold and Baker Mayfield The Huddle is pissed 

Matt Rhule to announce Baker Mayfield winning QB competition The Huddle is pissed 

Matt Rhule makes love to his wife every evening while wearing her lace satin cami night dress and high heels The Huddle is pissed 

Since all the weight loss off season, he has the body for it. Not hating!

• Beer 1