• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule on practice reps

Mr. Scot

7 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

If that's the case why exactly is he toying around with Elf and Jordan starting the game with Baker (almost getting him destroyed) before giving Sam Bozeman/BC/Ickey to play behind? He's got some serious mental issues to work through when it comes to pride and nepotism..

HUGE respect to Allen there. He literally could have KILLED Baker. Rhule is a fuggin idiot. Nobody in their right fuggin mind (except Eflein's parents) thinks he is better than a PROVEN above average Bozeman. Stop this charade. We need to get our starters ready for the season. Season is in like 3 weeks and we still don't have our starting o-line getting reps with each other because Rhule wants to continue this musical chairs charade.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

This year has nothing to do with the last 2. We have real coaches now.

That's not what I'm implying... Im saying Rhule has to use his own logic for his coaching. If he says the players have to produce.... so does he regardless  of what he was given. He picked the staff and the Qbs etc.  So he should hold the same accountability  when you make statements about producing. 

Just so infuriatingly stupid.  I'm really starting to think it's all part of Rhule's favortism towards Darnold.  That really is at the core of all the crap going on at QB.  Take Darnold out of the equation yesterday, and Corral prolly plays from the mid-3rd qtr on.  And tbh, he just never got comfortable.  Even Howell looked pretty rough when he came in that first couple series and the 3rd.  It took him time to get settled in and once he did, he showed out.  Corral never had time to get settled, nor was he given any time to develop a rhythm, because they essentially sent him out there to chew clock and then by the time he needed to make a play because we let them back in the game, he was flustered and out in a horrible position.

And the same goes for practice...  take Darnold out of the equation, and all those reps get dispersed between PJ and Corral.  And as I said yesterday and last year, I will take PJ 10 times out of 10 over Darnold.  He is athletic and has arm talent.  No, he's not an NFL starter, but he is a really good backup with much better traits and composure than Darnold could ever dream of.  The QB room should be Baker, PJ, and Matt.  And that would simplify and resolve all these issues.  I'm starting to think Matt was not Rhule's choice, and at the time didn't know he would have Baker either, so he was banking on Darnold coming back and improving under a new OC, and so he's still looking out for his guy.  But enough with the charade...  Fitt should get rid of Darnold so we can concentrate on other things that actually matter.  He is a complete waste of a roster spot right now and the problem his presence is creating is bleeding over into other issues that wouldn't exist otherwise.  

• Pie 3

27 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Just hearing the way Mayfield talks about McAdoo, I can say without a shadow of a doubt, I’d rather have him as HC right now.

I pray this thing doesn’t go sideways, but if it does, hopefully he gets a good look.

Hope he learned to be better than the last time because that was a messy divorce with the Giants he had. 
Players hated him and were glad to see him go. 

5 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Because the line isn't set yet and several starters missed the game for various reasons. Maybe letting Baker work with both first and second readers helped him worked to his benefit. Didn't Darnold have the same guys? 

No, Darnold got Ickey/BC/Bozeman/ aka the obvious best LT/LG/C. If he was limiting reps to keep guys from being injured that would be one thing but our best guys played they just didn't start because of some college philosophy Rhule has stuck up his ass

Both of Rhule's guys get fuggin obliterated per par. These two should be competing for a ROSTER SPOT, let alone a starter spot. Somebody in the comments said it best

Spent all those assets to improve this OL yet rolling out the same guys with the same results. Entertaining the idea that they could be the starters= bad coaching

Edited by Castavar
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

No, Darnold got Ickey/BC/Bozeman/ aka the obvious best LT/LG/C. If he was limiting reps to keep guys from being injured that would be one thing but our best guys played they just didn't start because of some college philosophy Rhule has stuck up his ass

That isn't true if you look at the first depth chart. Maybe based on film things will change after the New England practices. Things are starting to get clearer.  No need for panic.

• Pie 1