• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Corrall

NAS

I have been saying the reps were needed and having a better supporting cast made a huge difference, but he has not shown anything resembling promise of any kind in any of the snaps he's taken.  If he had anything of promise, we'd see flashes.  I really hope he pans out, but he looks about as bad as any rookie QB we've ever fielded.

Our coaching staff blows. Why would we expect them to help along a rookie ahead of schedule when they can give the coaches son or whatever PJ is the extra reps?

If Darnold is worse than PJ, cut him. If PJ isn't better, cut him.  Our 3rd rounder needs reps, even of he kinda sucks. 

I don't think a handful of reps is going to teach Matt Corral how to play QB.  I'm not sure the approach of drafting an athlete and teaching him how to play QB has ever worked.  A guy has to have a certain baseline to even have a chance to blossom into a good QB.  There's the mental side of the game with reading the field and making the right decisions.  But there's also the issue that he's not very accurate with the football.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Which is why he should've been the pick. Make no mistake, I'm fuging butthurt about this and it's definitely clouding my judgement.

Corral still looks hella bad though.

Howell is the Mac Jones of this draft. He will be better out of the gate but Corrall has a higher ceiling if he can get the right coaching

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

In the overall interest of the team, might be best to IR him and save the roster spot. You see the talent on some of his throws, but he needs time developing before he would be anywhere ready to come in a live game.

I would trust him more in a live game than Sam Darnold. At least the kid isn’t afraid to stand in the pocket

Edited by NAS
  • Pie 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Which is why he should've been the pick. Make no mistake, I'm fuging butthurt about this and it's definitely clouding my judgement.

Corral still looks hella bad though.

No one would look good behind our 4th string OL is my point. Howell would be running frantically like he was at UNC last year. In Corral’s first or second series (can’t remember) he threw some darts, had PI called, and missed on a deep pass where it should have been PI. He looked decent with our 3rd string OL (which is still bad). He looked bad with our 4th string OL who shouldn’t make an XFL roster. Both of which going against 1st/2nd string Pats players. 
I like Howell and think he has a shot to be the guy in Washington. If we drafted him and still acquired Baker, he would be in the same boat as Corral. Rhule is on the hot seat and developing Corral isn’t a priority at this moment. That doesn’t mean Corral is going to be a worse QB. He is just in a totally different situation than the others. 

• Pie 4

6 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I don't think a handful of reps is going to teach Matt Corral how to play QB.  I'm not sure the approach of drafting an athlete and teaching him how to play QB has ever worked.  A guy has to have a certain baseline to even have a chance to blossom into a good QB.  There's the mental side of the game with reading the field and making the right decisions.  But there's also the issue that he's not very accurate with the football.

To be a good QB you need time to go throw progressions and weapons that can create separation. Corral had neither of those that last quarter. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

No one would look good behind our 4th string OL is my point. Howell would be running frantically like he was at UNC last year. In Corral’s first or second series (can’t remember) he threw some darts, had PI called, and missed on a deep pass where it should have been PI. He looked decent with our 3rd string OL (which is still bad). He looked bad with our 4th string OL who shouldn’t make an XFL roster. Both of which going against 1st/2nd string Pats players. 
I like Howell and think he has a shot to be the guy in Washington. If we drafted him and still acquired Baker, he would be in the same boat as Corral. Rhule is on the hot seat and developing Corral isn’t a priority at this moment. That doesn’t mean Corral is going to be a worse QB. He is just in a totally different situation than the others. 

That's a good point..

In the 2nd qrt where Matt looked decent he was going against Pat's starters with all 3rd string players..