• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WR Competition-How many do we Keep? Who gets Cut?

Michael G

IMO the WR battles have been more interesting than the Panther's supposed QB competition. RA's lack of attendance in off-season workouts, trade rumors, and tweets, then coming to camp and balling out. The addition of veterans like R. Higgins and Andre Roberts. The expectations for last year's rookie receivers TM and Shi. The ever present Brandon Z (B. Bersin 2.0), and the out of nowhere rise of underdog CJ Saunders have all contributed to possibility the best WR room the team has had in years. But we cannot keep them all. DJ is our #1 for sure and we will keep maybe only 6 WRs on the roster this year (7 at the most). Remember the coaches have said we are keeping 3 QBs on the roster and last year we had a FB (Ricci). There's only so much room on the 53. So How many WRs should we keep and who are they. Please explain your reasoning and keep any debate nice and friendly (I know this is the Huddle but I still want to try to keep things Diplomatic). Let me know who you see as our teams best 6 or 7 options.

Edited by Michael G
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1

I think the locks are DJ, Robbie, TMJ, Higgins. 

personally, I want them to find a way to keep Roberts.  If they do that, I'll be happy w/ the rest.  I just want a legit PR guy. 

Interested to see CJ play in preseason.  Has he really turned it on or are we struggling covering the slot in camp. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

I suspect someone gets stashed on the IR.

• Moore
  • Anderson
  • Higgins
  • Smith
  • Zylstra -
  • Roberts (KR/PR)

Saunders and Kirkwood will shoot it out with Zylstra for the last spot. But I think Zylstra nabs it. He's reliable, sturdy and has proven he can haul in a catch during real games. That always wins out over training camp heroes. And I suspect TMJ or Smith gets IR'd by the end of pre-season.

• Pie 2

I think the general consensus is going to be DJ/Robbie/TMJ/Higgins top 4

Zylstra does a lot on special teams and has good hands when he does get the ball thrown his way

Roberts basically doesn't play WR at all anymore, Shi would have to really look solid in the return game to knock him out of a spot though. I think this is the actual battle for #6

CJ Saunders nice training camp story guy but you can cut him and put him on the practice squad no problem. Shi and Roberts would be more likely to get poached off waivers

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, Captroop said:

I suspect someone gets stashed on the IR.

• Moore
  • Anderson
  • Higgins
  • Smith
  • Zylstra -
  • Roberts (KR/PR)

Saunders and Kirkwood will shoot it out with Zylstra for the last spot. But I think Zylstra nabs it. He's reliable, sturdy and has proven he can haul in a catch during real games. That always wins out over training camp heroes. And I suspect TMJ or Smith gets IR'd by the end of pre-season.

You're missing TMJ

• Pie 1