• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Preseason Game 1 discussion

Zod

5 hours ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

First look at Baker in a panthers uni, of  ourse Matt Corral, WRs not named DJ and Robbie, the new and improved offensive line, CJ Henderson and his next steps in the secondary. 

Theres enough I'll be watching the third and fourth quarters for more than just background noise this year. 

I'm actually looking at Robbie. I'm crossing my fingers that his piss poor performance last season was a one off and, with Mayfield, he can go back to being good if not great.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not interested in seeing Kenny Pickett? 🤔

Not really. Hell, I don't even think the Steelers are all that interested. 😂

Last I saw, he was still #3 on the depth chart. Not exactly what you're hoping for out of a 1st round QB. With a mid-round guy you're anticipating him to be a developmental prospect but you'd hope that 1et rounder would come in and at least challenge for a starting role. Especially given the guys in front of him

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

Yes. Heavy dose of  Rhule sucks, Tepper sucks, Darnold sucks, why isn’t Corral getting more snaps. Add in a pinch of Derrick Brown is a bust and can Luke come back to play linebacker. 

I suspect there will be the occasional play analysis too.  But quite entertaining nonetheless.  

It's like you hit all the Huddle highlights except for "move CMC to slot"

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Last I saw, he was still #3 on the depth chart. Not exactly what you're hoping for out of a 1st round QB. With a mid-round guy you're anticipating him to be a developmental prospect but you'd hope that 1et rounder would come in and at least challenge for a starting role. Especially given the guys in front of him

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

https://steelersnow.com/steelers-camp-takeaways-kenny-pickett-flashes-george-pickens-dominates/

Looks like he is starting to warm up. Look at those lil hands clutching that ball! Pickens will be a stud if he stays healthy IMO. He battled some injuries at UGA. 

I'd hope so because the stories I've been reading out of Steelers camp had been positively brutal.

Hell, to date I've seen more positive coverage of Will Grier than I have Pickett.

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Ouch.  Obviously people don't really travel for preseason games so I think it's more on the Commanders

On the heels of the videos where no fans were showing up for camp...

Preseason and all but I still feel like David Tepper would have a fit if that were us.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think the only reason the Steelers took him in the 1st round is because they thought he wouldn't be there in the late 2nd. I doubt even they thought Kenny Pickett was a 1st round rated qb. In the 2nd? Debatable. 

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Beer 1