• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saturday Panthers Back Together Practice - Who’s Going?

falconlynx

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Hopefully Shi jumps Saunders. Another one of those random Rhule fascinations. Higgins also should be in the top 4 or 5

So I’m probably one of the few people that like Saunders. He’s slower but runs pretty good routes, he’s just not as athletic as some of the other slower wide receivers out there (Jarvis Landry).

However, he’s a PS squad player this year imo. Moore, Anderson, Marshall, Higgins, and Zylstra are locks for me. Roberts and Smith would be my bubble guys.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Ickey going through some drills, probably want to force the DE up field a little more but his footwork looks pretty solid for a young LT.

He's going against Austin Larkin here I think, who from what I remember isn't necessarily all that powerful but is lighter and faster (he'll need to practice against that body type as well as against bigger guys).

What I like here is that one, Larkin doesn't outrun him and two, his initial square up was off a little but he successfully made up for it.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, MillionDollarCam said:

True but unfortunately it’s near impossible to check down from your 20 yard line all the way to the opposing teams end zone.

Start Mayfield in between the 20’s and let Darnold take over in the red zone lol?

You laugh now, but you remember who coaches this team, right? 😕

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

He's going against Austin Larkin here I think, who from what I remember isn't necessarily all that powerful but is lighter and faster.

What I like here is that one, Larkin doesn't outrun him and two, his initial square up was off a little but he successfully made up for it.

You are correct, I was going to come back to this post and say the same thing. Larkin has no power but is one of our faster DE’s. I like that Ickey’s foot work was smooth throughout the entire rep even against a faster DE.

Also, as they come around you can see that Ickey has that right arm tucked in. A lot of young T’s would have moved that right arm toward the shoulder which would probably draw a flag for holding.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

So I’m probably one of the few people that like Saunders. He’s slower but runs pretty good routes, he’s just not as athletic as some of the other slower wide receivers out there (Jarvis Landry).

However, he’s a PS squad player this year imo. Moore, Anderson, Marshall, Higgins, and Zylstra are locks for me. Roberts and Smith would be my bubble guys.

Yeah that's what i'm rolling with too. Shi needs to figure out his special teams role to get an active spot

• Pie 1

Just now, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah that's what i'm rolling with too. Shi needs to figure out his special teams role to get an active spot

If he has a good preseason returning kicks/punts then he’s locked down a spot, I would think. At the end of the day Andre Roberts is 34, you don’t cut a guy who is showing promise (Smith) for a 34 year old special teams player. Roberts is good but he’s not Devin Hester, I’d lean more towards keeping Smith for the future.

• Beer 2

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not sure who threw that, but they didn't do Moore any favors.

Better ball placement and that's potentially a catch.

Bad placement for sure but I think the clip really highlights Chinn’s speed. If you watch frame by frame, Chinn’s not even in the frame when the video starts.