• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule Is Confused

WUnderhill

24 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

Don't worry. The water cooler sports dudes will be back soon enough. You can get back to disregarding reason or logic and surround yourself with trashing your team for pie from each other.

Oh sorry please don't let me interrupt your good time defending the guy who lost to every head coach that was fired.

• Beer 2

7 minutes ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

Please take your facts somewhere else.  They are interfering with my overreaction.

Yeah I didn’t have a major negative reaction from what he said because it is true. The QBs will decide who will be the starter by how they play and Rhule will make the final decision. 

• Pie 3

4 hours ago, Pakmeng said:

When I was in grade school I specifically remember being taught that if you say quote or use quotes there is a responsibility to use the whole quote.  Don't trust anyone who replaces a chunk with ellipses .

Listen, I wasn’t misquoting him, I was taking out filler and not typing up a big run-on sentence. He can say “the players decide who plays” all he wants. The point is, no matter what he says, he and the coaches set the depth chart and decide who plays. Now maybe I was misunderstanding when he said his job was to make sure there were good players in the room as in from a cutting to the final 53 perspective as opposed to bringing in guys as a GM. I can accept that. The focus of the quote was that he is a coach not a GM, I was intentionally not focusing on the “players decide who plays” coach speak bullshit.

• Poo 1

4 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Listen, I wasn’t misquoting him, I was taking out filler and not typing up a big run-on sentence. He can say “the players decide who plays” all he wants. The point is, no matter what he says, he and the coaches set the depth chart and decide who plays. Now maybe I was misunderstanding when he said his job was to make sure there were good players in the room as in from a cutting to the final 53 perspective as opposed to bringing in guys as a GM. I can accept that. The focus of the quote was that he is a coach not a GM, I was intentionally not focusing on the “players decide who plays” coach speak bullshit.

Dude.  Your entire thread was hashed out yesterday posted by the site owner.   I think you might be confused.

• Poo 2