• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

First practice day

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, RJK said:

Darnold usually looks good in shorts. Games are when he self destructs. If Baker is going to make up ground it’ll be in pres season 

Yep.  It's the reason why an "open competition" isn't really the best option for these players.  Darnold will look good in practice and poo the bed when it's game time.  We all know this and we know Baker is at least a capable starting QB in this league.  The only competition should be Baker vs Corral.  We know what Sam is.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

be that as it may, Baker is still losing valuable reps to Darnold for now good reason.  Anyone with a brain knows Darnold isnt the answer and cannot play.  I mean there is only 4 years of tape that shows he is the worst qb in the NFL.  

If it was me I would say baker you are 1, corral 2 and either trade or cut Sam.  He holds literally no value to us

You can’t just not give Darnold reps… they’ll start to skew one way or another as camp goes on but it’s day one man… In coach speak, our QB competition is open and the coaching staff needs to make it appear that way until Mayfield steps up… otherwise Rhule will lose the locker room on day one if he’s going to hand out starting jobs today.

• Pie 2

Just now, MillionDollarCam said:

You can’t just not give Darnold reps… they’ll start to skew one way or another as camp goes on but it’s day one man… In coach speak, our QB competition is open and the coaching staff needs to make it appear that way until Mayfield steps up… otherwise Rhule will lose the locker room on day one if he’s going to hand out starting jobs today.

Why cant you put darnold 3rd on the chart?  Not following you here.   Also there isnt a player in that camp that would be pissed if darnold is cut or 3rd string.    Again, darnold fuging sucks.  He has for 4 years nobody is believing this charade that Darnold will win the starting job. 

If Rhule is crazy enough to roll sam out there game 1 then holy hell there isnt enough popcorn in the city of charlotte to prepare us to watch that clusterfug

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Did you get off the Strong bandwagon?  You weren't this obsessed with Corral until after the draft. It was constant Strong posts over and over and over again....

No Jimmy. Before the draft I said the two most accurate QBs in the draft were Carson Strong AND Matt Corral. Carson is doing great. Matt Corral will scorch the open landscape. Elite mobility AND accuracy on the run. 72%completion year then a 69% year. Damn good.

Your free to look that all up. Yes Corral was on my radar we'll BEFORE the draft. Carson was 70% two straight seasons, don't sleep.

• Poo 1