• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF Talking Panthers Playoffs Chances

poundaway

Jim Mora Playoffs GIFJust kidding. Somebody had to do it. I’m actually all aboard that hype train this year. I seriously think Baker is gonna be a breath of fresh air for us after the complete dogshit we’ve had under center for the past 4 years or so. 

Edited by joemac
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2

10 minutes ago, joemac said:

Jim Mora Playoffs GIFJust kidding. Somebody had to do it. I’m actually all aboard that hype train this year. I seriously think Baker is gonna be a breath of fresh air for us after the complete dogshit we’ve had under center for the past 4 years or so. 

I searched youtube for the full Skip Bayless video where he talked about Panthers in the playoffs and this was one of several videos to show up.  According to that  pff podcaster, a "surprising" number of people are a bit more optimistic than the fans at the Huddle.

Edited by poundaway

11 minutes ago, poundaway said:

I searched youtube for the full Skip Bayless video where he talked about Panthers in the playoffs and this was one of several videos to show up.  According to that  pff podcaster, a "surprising" number of people are a bit more optimistic than the fans at the Huddle.

Lol shocking that normal people are not as blindly doom and gloom as some of the usual suspects around here

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, joemac said:

Lol shocking that normal people are not as blindly doom and gloom as some of the usual suspects around here

Most people had us in the bottom 5 teams before adding Baker. You said yourself that Baker was the 18th-20th ranked QB.

I dont know how that makes that much of a jump. I would love for us to make the playoffs and contend, but I just dont see it. 

• Pie 1

If Sam doesn’t throw an Int to Slay, we beat Philly, if he doesn’t throw it right to a Vikings cb, we beat Minnesota, if he doesn’t turn it over for that pick 6 against New England, well…we might have won.

This roster even with Matt Rhule at the helm can get you to 8-9 which will probably get you playoffs in a weak NFC.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

If Sam doesn’t throw an Int to Slay, we beat Philly, if he doesn’t throw it right to a Vikings cb, we beat Minnesota, if he doesn’t turn it over for that pick 6 against New England, well…we might have won.

This roster even with Matt Rhule at the helm can get you to 8-9 which will probably get you playoffs in a weak NFC.

Yea I never understood most of the hate.  Certain media outlets having us in contention for the #1 pick etc.  We won 5 games last season, we were 1-7 in one score games.  Just becoming average in those games would put us in the running late for a wildcard.  Then add (on paper) a much improved oline, a (for now) healthy CMC, Horn back, and a qb that's not Sam Darnold and we may still be a below average team but I also wouldnt find it that shocking if we are in the hunt for a wildcard spot pretty late in the season.  Who knows though.  I just didnt understand all the rhetoric about being one of the worst teams in the nfl.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

I had believed the hype that Cleveland had this elite line.    Well, that elite line allowed Baker to be sacked more than Sam last year and had the 19th highest pressure percentage.  It also had the 5th shortest pocket time at 2.3 seconds.  Sam had 2.4 seconds, he actually had more time to throw.

Edited by poundaway
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

50 minutes ago, poundaway said:

I had believed the hype that Cleveland had this elite line.    Well, that elite line allowed Baker to be sacked more than Sam last year and had the 19th highest pressure percentage.  It also had the 5th shortest pocket time at 2.3 seconds.  Sam had 2.4 seconds, he actually had more time to throw.

Let me clarify, they were 19th in pressure percentage.  The Browns were 27th in sacks last year with 49 sacks across all QB's.  We were 28th with 52 sacks across all QB's.

In any event, I didn't watch Browns games.  But the stats don't seem to jive with the PFF rating.